LTD M-100FM review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 4 Poor
ESP: LTD M-100FM

Purchased from: samash.com

I am a metal guitarist, therefore ESP has always been a part of my gear. When I bought this guitar I hadn't made as much money as I had hoped, so I had to hold back and buy this model; which was probably the best deal at the time. The guitar stands up to my needs, it's a very agressive guitar after all. There is a disadvanage to rockers Who don't use alot of gain: even clean chords on this guitar have a "bite" to them, it will never go fully clean. This guitar is also VERY noisy. I have to use my friend's "hum-ex" plug and two "Noise Reduction" pedals to have this guitar play like I need it. This guitar has no variety; it was made for metal, and can't even do that too well.

I play metal as earler stated. ESP is a guitar brand I trust very much, and usually makes high quality equipment, but this wasn't the caes. I guess I was just disapointedI have been playing guitar for 10 years (metal for 8) I have a 75watt peavy vyper and a Boss distrtion pedal, when my band and I play shows I borrow myfellow guitarist equipment. No, I could've asked all I wanted. Sales people have a job and everything they tell ypou is fixable or a good thing I would definatly get another guitar. This guitar tears me apart, because I LOVE the way it look, but it just plays horrible. My favorite part must be its finish. All the other ESP guitars i have played, because this is an odd duck in a sense. All other ESP guitars have blown me away. This hasn't ever given me a beeze. No but I wish it was a better quality.

This guitar would break if a butterfly landed on it. I got my first guitar from my uncle about 10 years ago, when the guitar was about 15y/o. Now the guitar is 25y/o and play metal a whole lot better then my ESP. The odds of it standing up to a Live show are nearly impossible; and if it did you ave the wrong model. The hardware is somewhat sturdy but rusts VERY easily, it is probably easier to just replace the floyd with a better one (an actual one) and get sprezel tuners if u wish to be fully safe. Strap buttons were ok. As already stated I wouldn't even bring this guitar near a stage, it'd probably break in the case.

When the guitar was made, ESP had one thing in mind; "First Impression. When I took this guitar out of the box I loved it to death. Now I'm trying to sell it. When I took it out of the box I had to adjust the pickups, bridge, and trus rod. So ESP did a poor job in that. There are no flaws you would see right away. You eed to play it for about 4 weeks to notice. After 4 weeks compare it to another guitar of yours. The other guitar will most likely sound better.

Made In 2008 (USA) 24 XJ Frets (Maple With Rosewood Fretboard) Solid Top Basswood Body With Maple Top Flamed Maple Stratocaster-ish Floyd Rose Passive Volume and Tone Dual Humbuckers (ESP LH-150) Non locking ESP Tuners No Accessories Included When I first took this guitar out of its box from sam Ash, I was awestruck. The guitar looked amazing, and when I finally adjusted the floyd it sounded amazing too. It's sharp yet sleek design and black cherry flamed maple finish just made the 24 XJ frets, Floyd Rose, and all black hardware just that much more fun to play. The only thing to beware of is the build/stability of the guitar; it is an very ovbious side effect of using this guitat, it deteriates easily; and it wasn't built too solid in the first place.