LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Purchased from: RITS music

The sound is great from this guitar, although could be better (because of pick ups)I use it for playing metal, mostly thrash metal. But the cleans are very nice also. I'm running the LTD through a DJ-21C Black Coffee Metal Distortion into my MIMX30 Ibanez amp, If manged to get a nice heavy sound from these, dispite the mediocore pedal. The Guitar its self is QUIET, the only noisy I get is from my pedal, but running straight into my amps distortions its silent. I haven't tried to much sounds with this guitar though.

Overall this guitar is awesome. Plays great and the neck is very smooth. Looks awesome and all my band mates always wanna play it. If it was stolen I would most likely buy the higher end model, the M-300fm. My favorite feature is the Floyd Rose and it has not gave my many problems, I have restringed it before and drop tuned it. Its not a problem IF you know what your doing. So far, there isnt anything I really hate about this guitar other than the inlays, I kinda wish they had a more unique design. But I heard you can just buy some inlay stickers that are .007mm thin. Overall this is a great guitar for the price, plays great, looks great, and is awesome overall.

I think this guitar would stand a live concert. Everything on it seems solid except the Floyd goes out of tune when used exessivly, but not that much, if it was exactly tuned In E it would go flat about -10 (I think thats what the number is on the eletric tuners)if you have one you will probably know what I'm talking about, its not that much, and seeing how your playing live no one will notice. The strap locks are awesome, much better than my friends Gibson and my old Strat nock off. The finish I belive will last for a very long time.

This guitar was set up great for me from the factory, I did however have to adjust the bridge pickup just so I could kick out some extra distortion. The Floyd Rose was setup perfectly balanced and did not give me any trouble. The one thing that I've had trouble with is that the tone knob was loose when I got it, but thats probably the stores fault.

-24 Extra Jumbo Frets (The norm for most ESP/LTD's) -Flamed Maple top -Bass wood body, maple neck,and a rose wood fretboard -Extra Thin Flat Neck Contour -I got mine in the Black Cherry Red, looks exelent -Its a Strat body style, very comfortable -It has a special Floyd Rose bridge -1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, and a 3 way pick up selector switch -The pickups on it are the ESP LH-150 pickups(Bridge and Neck), pretty decent, Although Im planning on upgrading to EMG's -ESP tuners and because of the floyd rose, also has a locking nut