LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Purchased from: The Rockshop

I play pretty much metalcore through this guitar. I played a bit of rock and pop-punk when I first got it before I tuned it down to drop C. It pretty much suits what I play perfectly. I normally play through a Peavey Triple X and it sounds great. It has a real heavy distorted tone but can also pull of some pretty sweet cleans too. I'm gunna be upgrading to Duncans so I'd imagine that'd just make it better.

Overall this is a great guitar. I got it as an insurance replacement for an Epiphone SG Gothic and much prefer the LTD. This guitar has become my main gigging guitar as it just sounds and plays right for what I need. I am Mega fussy when it comes to buying guitars and have been known to spend 5 or 6 hours in the music store playing guitars when I'm looking for new instruments and this guitar is everything I wanted. It was cheap as at $800 New Zealand dollars and it is definitely worth the price I paid for it. If this guitar was stolen or broken I'd buy it again in a heartbeat assuming of course it's available over here with a relative shortage of guitars.

This guitar can take a beating. I have a fairly aggressive style so I find myself hitting the finish on the odd occasion and so far it's stood up to everything I've thrown at it. The hardware's also as tough as nails. I'm not sure what the stock strap buttons are like as I put straplocks on it as soon as I got it. I've gigged this guitar and it stood up well. I wouldn't use it without a backup but that's not down to the guitar, that's just down to me always gigging with a back up. As said above, the finish is solid and has stood up to everything I've thrown at it.

All in all, the guitar came set up really well. I normally spend a good two or three hours going over my new guitars to set them up how I like them but I haven't adjusted this guitar much at all. The pickups were well adjusted and the Floyd Rose was set up well and was tuned to standard and had the intonation set up. There's one thing I wasn't such a fan of and that was that the frets seemed to protrude a little to much from the neck so on the odd occasion my hand catches them when I slide up/down the neck. Other than that though, it's a solid guitar.

24 extra jumbo frets, flamed maple top, basswood body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, super Strat body, Floyd Rose bridge, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3 way selector switch, ESP tuners with a locking nut.