LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Purchased from: Sam Ash

It suits perfectly my music style that goes from thrash to metalcore. I use it with a Line 6 Spider IV 15 in metal settings, that is very similar to a distortion of death metal. The sound is very rich and bright, you just need time to figure out an amp setting that suits you.

I always played metal and this guitar is just perfect for me, 6 months with it with my KH-95 wah pedal and my DigiTech RP-70 guitar processor, it's a great combo for live playing. If this guitar would be stolen for me I could change my mind and buy a Jackson RR3 (I didn't do it before because of my mom's budget) but is just an amazing guitar for the price paid, I wouldn't change anything in this guitar except the FR special for an Original FR.

I have this guitar since 7/1/2011 and on every live play I've made it was perfect sound. The hardware will last until you want, including the strap buttons. It is be very reliable, I wouldn't doubt to take only this guitar to tour since it won't wear off with constant play.

The factory set-up was great, it comes with .009 gauge and E standard tuning, the action was very low. The pickups were well adjusted, even tough I changed the height of them. The top was properly bookmatched, same as with the bridge. It didn't had any piece of hardware bad or oxidized.

This guitar is produced in Indonesia, in an automized line, not sure in what year. It has 24 XJ frets, with a scale of 25.5", a rosewood fingerboard and extra thin-flat neck contour. It has a solid-top, the body is made of basswood and the neck is made of maple. The body finish is flamed maple top that comes in see-trhu black and see-trhu black cherry. The body style goes like a Strat and the bridge is a Floyd Rose special, that is very reliable and durable, I bought it on July and haven't go out of tune. The electronics are all passive, you don't need a single battery, it have Master tone and Master Volume controls and a 3-way selector. The pickups configuration is H/H, it comes with 2 ESP LH-150 (Bridge & Neck), and have ESP tuners.