LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Price paid: C$ 313

Purchased from: TheArts newmarket ontario

I play 80's metal, mostly NWOBHM, Saxon, Priest, Maiden, Diamond Head, the LH150's which I wrongly assumed of being crap stock pickups, really impressed me with how OK/Good they were for passives, having paid only $300 I think I'll proudly leave them stock. Mind you I tried it through a nice tube amp at the store. Think I'll spend more on an amp when I get the cash, for now I play it unplugged as I have no choice.

This guitar has basically everything I wanted in a guitar as far as features and finish, I've been playing 26 years and through some hard times had to sell some guitars, most recently my Ibanez Artcore AS93 to save my dog. I basically wanted a cheap guitar that looked and sounded good, and felt good too, maybe too much to ask for but ESP delivered and for this I applaud them. Currently supporting my wife and kid and paying alimony and child support to my ex, it's just good to be playing guitar again. I'm happy with it and if were lost/stolen/pawned to make car payment, etc... I'd definitely get another LTD.

Too soon to tell but I'm going to assume this guitar will last me long. I'm really nitpicky with my stuff so I can't really comment on durability, I don't gig either. I'm a 36 year old Railroad worker who just plays for fun in my living room watching TV.

The price tag really lured me in and put me off at the same time, I'm on a tight budget but didn't want a crap guitar that I was just going to sell later on. I couldn't find anything wrong, obviously not a $1000 plus ESP but for what it cost I am very impressed, the intonation had been set up perfect, as well the action, whether someone at the store did this or they received it that way I don't know. Not a blemish on the finish and the frets have no rough spots, I played every string and fret to check for buzzing and none.

Made in Indonesia, 24 extra jumbo frets, thin satin maple neck with rosewood board and standard dot markers, transparent black on a maple veneer and basswood body, lh150 humbuckers, single volume and tone with 3 way switch, reverse headstock. And a floyd rose special, which I understand is basically a Korean floyd with zinc block and saddles.