LTD M-100FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-100FM

Well, I play Rock, Metal, Blues and Jazz. This is a guitar for metal, jazz and blues don't sound that great with the stock pickups. The pickups are very responsive, I use a Vox 75W amp and on the clean channel it sounds warm and bright, on the distortion channel it sounds even better. I've played EMG HZ passives and compared to them the LH-150s lack a bit of definition and brightness and if I rate the EMGs at 7/10 (Dimarzio Fan) the LH-150 would be 5.5/7 or maybe a 6. Quite good for stock pickups, better than Ibanez INF3s and INF4s and Jackson CVR2s.

I haven't been playing long, 3 yrs and this is the first electric I've owned I have tested a lot of guitars before buying this one, done a lot of research. The Floyd Rose Special, Flamed Maple top and the stock pickups are my favourite features. If this ever gets stolen or lost I would buy a Schecter with a Floyd Rose Special.

I haven't played live with it yet, it should withstand live playing, feels like a solidly built guitar. Hardware and finish should last long, strap buttons are quite big and solid.

Well the factory setup was horrible, action was super high and neck was not straight. The guitar store setup the guitar for me and their setup was less than satisfactory. I had to setup the Floyd Rose myself (my first Floyd mind you) and after that it has not gone out of tune even after crazy divedombs and pull ups. The pickup height didn't bother me, the volume is even on both the pickups. The finish is flawless and I have yet to find any flaws on this guitars.

Now before You comment about the rating of the guitar, I would like to make it clear that this is rating is in relation to other guitars in the same price range... Don't know where it was manufactured, can't figure it out from the serial number. 24.5 inch scale, maple neck (extra thin flat-neck contour), I love the neck, its flat and fast. Rosewood fretboard, It has 24 jumbo frets. The fretwork is excellent, no uneven frets and the jumbo frets are fantastic for bends. The guitar has a basswood body and flamed maple top and as the pictures show, its a superstrat shape. It has two LH-150 passive humbuckers, one volume and one tone knob and a three way pickup selector. For me the most important feature for this guitar was the Floyd Rose Special bridge. There are a lot of options when you are looking to buy a guitar with a double locking tremolo within $450 and after extensive research I've found that Floyd Rose Specials are the best. They are actually not licensed versions of the original rather a cheaper make of the original Floyd Rose targeted for budget guitars. FR Specials are way better than any other licensed floyds especially the Ibanez Edge III or ZR tremolo systems.