LTD M-15 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-15

A lot of people, I assume mostly teens and tone snobs, tend to knock the stock ESP pups which are stock on the LTD models. I personally think that the combination of the LH-100 and LS-100 which are on this guitar, sound absolutely great. I can get a wide variety of sounds ranging from Metal (of course!), to Blues and country. I am also using a Zoom G1N effects processor with this, thru my ever so trusty USA made, Crate GX-65 combo, and I have to say, this is one great sounding guitar for the price. I am blown away by it and am now a confirmed, 52 year old, ESP fanatic. Hell, I think I'm going to see about getting a EC-50 to add to my collection now.

If you do plan on buying one of these, don't do mail order. Rather, go to either Guitar Center or your nearest ESP dealer and make sure that you get one without fret edges sticking out. That is the only problem with these that I could find. Like I said earlier, these are either hit or miss. If you do find a good one, make sure you have a setup done. Once you do, you will not regret it. I love this guitar and for $149.99 (at Guitar Center only, $199.99 everywhere else,) it's one hell of a bargain!

Once setup properly and providing you take good care of it, I see no reason why this guitar should not last you a lifetime. I could definately use this at a gig without a backup. Everything seems solid on it and my only gripe, is the Black finish which smudges after every use, but nothing a polish cloth can't handle.

Here's where I wasn't too happy. When I went to GC to buy this, I originally wanted one in the white finish, but all of them had fret edges sticking out along the side of the neck, so with these guitars, it's either hit or miss. The Chinese just assemble these and shove them right in the box without doing a setup of any kind. The action on mine was very high, so right away, I knew I had my work cut out for me. When I got home, it took me around 90 minutes to give this guitar the setup that it deserved, and once I did that, it was like having a totally new instrument. The thing with lower priced guitars like this is that, a lot of players tend to say that they're shit and the reason behind that is, because when they bet them, they don't take the time to have a setup done on them. I would say around 65-70% of the younger guys out there probably don't even know gow to do a setup and that's a shame because if they did, they would save themselves a lot of money and grief.

This for the ESP LTD M-15, which I just bought yesterday, at Guitar Center for only $149.99. It's made in China and has a Basswood body with a Maple neck and a Rosewood frteboard with ESP Tuners and a Tune-O-matice Bridge with a string thru body. There is one Volume and Tone along with a 3 way pickup switch with a ESP LS 100 Rail single coil in the neck position and a ESP LH 100 Humbucker in the Bridge position. There is also a marker at the 12th fret with the model name of the guitar, which I think is pretty classy. It comes in 2 finishes, Black and White. Mine is the Black finish and I believe was made in 2010.

jeffo46
    I take back what I said about going to your nearest ESP dealer to get one of these. After doing some research, I believe that this model is a exclusive which is sold only through Guitar Center, and it's affiliates, Musician's Friend and Music 123.com.
    sewoo55
    NHECOS wrote: IMO I think these reviews scores are a little too high.
    iamjinkazama
    wario_mt wrote: lol, two reviews from the same person with different things. lol.
    after having this guitar for some time, he scores it lower. seriously, 9.4 for a chinese made guitar?
    Linkerman
    Charlie4
    CronoMagus
    sewoo55 wrote: NHECOS wrote: IMO I think these reviews scores are a little too high. this guitar costs 150 dollars. for that kind of low price, quality outstanding the rating is always in relation to the price
    I gotcha. I was confused as to how a $150 guitar is so highly rated but I guess it's rated on the value for your dollar. I've always been confused by that until now.
    Asunder
    You should not have used super glue for the nut, Elmer's glue would be recommended.
    Pippers
    I have the M-10, which is the same thing, different body style and these things are great. Throw in some SDs and they make fantastic guitars for the price. The feel on the neck is actually really really nice. It is the ultimate mod guitar.
    TheBlackening91
    AsOneIStand
    TheBlackening91 wrote: Charlie4 wrote: Linkerman wrote: Wait, is it April's Fools already? How can UG accept 2 reviews about the exact same guitar, from the exact same user? And noone should review equipment without having it for a LONG time. How can you review something that you didn't have time to get to know properly? Something that you can't know for sure how reliable it is over time? This reviewer just demonstrated how inexperienced he is. And UG still keeps the standard for accepting reviews at the bottom of a well. I don't really mind inexperience as long as the review is accurate. I also agree that UG should not allow guys to review gear if they hadn't thoroughly tried it out for at least a month. Either way, I read reviews here but take most of them with a grain of salt. I would take these reviews not so much with a grain of salt but a huge ****ing bag of salt which makes you throw the review back up, then swallowing what you just threw up with a grain of salt before taking anything the reviewer says into consideration
    Sir, you just made me laugh my ass off. This a million times over. Make this man a mod if not for the simple fact he has the ability to entertain.
    TST2469
    That right there is the best guitar ive seen in a long time!! MUST HAVE 1!!!
    NHECOS
    TST2469 wrote: That right there is the best guitar ive seen in a long time!! MUST HAVE 1!!!
    REALLY dude??
    jeffo46
    As I mentioned, it's not that bad if you're willing to fix some of the errors that came out of the China factory. Also, I'm sure it would be good for mods as well. These are either hit or miss IMO. When I bought it at GC, the majority of them either had fret edges sticking out or miscut nut slots. Once these are setup and intonated, and you do a little filing, they're actually very playable and worth the low price. I've seen a lot worse in this price range.