LTD M-200FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-200FM

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I bought an old modeled Jackson RR3 Rhoads which costed a bit more, and this thing sounds better! The EMGs are passive, and give off a bit of a brighter tone, and also the wood, which is agathis, will give more of a brighter tone as well, but with my Marshall, I can get a little Metallica-esque tone with it. Not to mention the neck-through design adds some great sustain.

I am a metal head by nature, and this guitar appealed to me with it's EMG pickups, reverse headstock, and tremolo. If the guitar got broken, stolen, or anything of the sort, I wouldn't necessarily buy the exact same model, but definately another ESP. ESPs give great hardware and features even for low end modeled guitars, so I recomend ESP to anyone that wants a good guitar for a low price.

This guitar will last you a long while, but since I wrench, tug, and yank on the Floyd Rose, I tend to uncoil a string or two a couple weeks at a time, so it would be wise to take a backup if you're like me with a Floyd Rose.

The action from the shop was a little too low, and caused a bit of fret buzzing, so I had to adjust that a little. The volume knob was also way too loose, but another easy fix there. The finish and all was great, and besides those two defects that was all that was wrong with it.

The guitar features dual EMG HZ-H4 pickups, agathis wood, reverse headstock, 24 frets, stunning arrow head inlays, black hardware, a neck-through design, a floyd rose licensed tremolo, flamed maple top, and comes in see-through black cherry and see-through black finish. It also sports a single-coil tap feature on the tone knob that works pretty well on a clean channel.