LTD M-200FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-200FM

Purchased from: Music123.com

I play in a Metalcore band so the sound of the EMG's fit that style. I use a Fender FM212R amp (which I bought off my friend) which has a suprisingly heavy distortion setting for a Fender amp. Pinch Harmonics are so easy on this guitar. The reason I gave it a 7 in sound is that it sounds amazing in distortion but if you want to go clean the EMG's aren't very good. The clean sound is all muddy and doesn't come out as clear as I would like.

This is an amazing guitar. I would recomend it for someone Who isn't going to be playing clean. I've been playing for 6 years and I think it matches my skill level. I have this guitar and an acoustic (I had to sell 2 of my old guitars to get this one) but I want to get something that will play clean better than the ESP. When I was planning to buy a guitar I compared this to a couple of Ibanezes, but when I went to the guitar center I found out that Ibanezes play like crap compared to an ESP so I bought this.

This guitar will withstand Live playing definatly. None of the tuners or anything are coming loose so I think it will last a long time. I replaced the strap buttons for a locking strap so I won't drop my guitar so I don't know about the strap buttons. I would use it at a gig without a back-up even though it is foolish because other things can go wrong like if I'm changing tuning and the tuner breaks. The finish is durable. I've had it for almost a year and I don't have a scratch yet (that's a first for me).

When I got the guitar the intonation was perfect and the guitar was perfectly in tune. I didn't need to touch anything. It was the most amazing factory set-up I have ever played on. The only thing was the nut on the input jack was stripped but that was easy to fix.

This is the best guitar with the most features I could find with a budget of $400-$600. I got this guitar a little less than a year ago and I'm still amazed by it. It was the only mid-priced guitar I could find with neck through body construction and binding. It has 24 frets with arrow-head inlays. it's is 25.5" scale. it's is an agathis body with a flame maple top. The fret board is rosewood and the neck is 3 piece maple. The body is Strat shaped. I got it in see-thru black. It has a floyd rose bridge which does stay in tune unlike my friend's. It has 2 EMG pickups, they are passive but if you were to listen to it you would swear they were active. There is a volume knob, a 3-way switch, and a tone knob with push/pull coil split. The tuners are just ESP LTD tuners which doesn't matter much because of the floyd rose. The guitar came with the alan wrenches to undo the floyd rose and a couple of extra counter-balance springs.