LTD M-200FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-200FM

Purchased from: Ebay

Straight out of the box, this guitar can handle most styles of music. The pickups are slightly lacking, many guitarists would opt to replace them with Seymour Duncan or an Active EMG set. Personally, I swapped the passive EMG HZs out for a 81/60 Active EMG set. I run this guitar straight into my Peavey 5150 combo with my Boss GT6 in the FX Loop. The guitar itself is very quiet. I mainly dabble with melodic metal, however I do enjoy branching out and playing various styles. The distorted tone of this guitar is alright, with upgraded pickups it can rip! It also has a very good clean tone, the push/pull coil tap also helps with adding some variety to your sound. I give it a 7 for sound because the stock pickups were slightly lacking.

Overall, this is a very good guitar, and I have no regrets. If it were stolen/lost, I would buy another, however it would give me an excuse to buy that ESP EC-1000 I've been eying up. I would recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade from a lower-end cheapo axe, it lacks the features and quality of the high-end beauties but is a perfect step up into the mid-range lines.

The guitar is a little bit heavy, after a few hours of jamming it can give you a sore shoulder but having a comfortable padded strap can solve the issue. The tuning keys are very solid and still are after 2 years, and the Licensed Floyd Rose Trem was surprisingly well built. The stock strap buttons were pretty solid, but I replaced mine with Dunlop strap-locks for extra safety. It also has a lasting finish, still zero scratches after 2 years of plenty of use and I would give it a thumbs up for gigging. 8 For reliability and Durability, it's weight keeps it from earning a 10.

I bought mine from a guy off of eBay. The guitar was in 100% brand new condition, only played twice with zero wear and still setup to the factory specs. The Licensed Floyd Rose trem was setup well, with butter-smooth action, and good routing work. The pickups were set a little low, but raising them is no big deal. It had a very smooth finish with no noticeable flaws to speak of, and the flamed maple top looks beautiful! Very well constructed and setup for a budget axe!

This particular model is made in Indonesia. The workmanship and construction is very good quality for being an Indo-made guitar. I give it an 8 for features, the wood quality of the body could be better.