LTD M-207 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-207

Purchased from: Local pawn shop

I play mainly heavy metal and some jazz so this guitar suits my styles perfectly. Right now I'm using this guitar with a Fender Frontman 212 and a Digitec Metal Master pedal and it sounds amazing, very thick and clean. Unfortunatly the guitar has a locking tremolo so its hard to de-tune it which I love to do. But it does make up in its soloing capabilities.

Overall I think this guitar is great for metal, if you ever find one of these somewhere I would definetly buy it. I've only been playing over 2 years and had no knowledge of floyd rose trems until I bought this, they are a pain. If this guitar was ever stolen I would not sleep until it was found, these guitars are quite rare in the fact they aren't made any more. My friend has an H-207 and they are almost the same guitar except for the floyd rose. I really do wish it didn't have the trem because it is a hassle at times.

This guitar would be perfect for live playing, the hardware is strong and the strings don't break much which is good. The strap buttons are a bit loose at times, but I use a locking strap so it really doesn't matter. I would play without a backup guitar at a gig.

The action on the low strings seems to be lower than on the high strings and causes very little problem but does affect the overall feel a bit. The pickups are perfect, I doubt I will change them. Other than that no problems.

Great 7 string guitar, I got it used for an amazing price. The 207 series was discontinued in 2002 I believe. Its body is, I believe made of alder and the neck may be either mahogony or maple (not too sure). Mine has a very dark maroon glitter style finish, it has a Strat like body. The M-207 has a floyd rose bridge, mine has some trouble tuning though. It comes stock with Duncan Design humbuckers that deliver crushing distorted tones and thick warm clean tone. I did have a problem with the plug jack but I fixed it.

LTDax260
    First Comment!! yeah! thats a great guitar!! awsome sound and whammy bar!
    LTDax260
    Awsome guitar! great sound and whammy bar and Locking!!! this one it's really special!
    ThijsJan
    better go for the RG1527 from ibanez, but with a low budget, this is a nice guitar!
    metalsk8er1012
    I have the EXACT same guitar exept in black and I would never give it up. I paid like $167.00 for it in a little pawn shop in Va Beach, I give this beauty an overall 9.
    GunLeatherGuy
    Its the lock nut you need...not locking tuners. This is a nice guitar for a lower end 7 string. The RG1527 isnt in the same realm as this..the IB cost 3 times what this does and you get what you pay for. Rock and roll.....