LTD M-207 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-207

Purchased from: Friend

I play mostly metal like Iron Maiden, Metallica and Megadeth and this guitar is great for that sorta stuff. Unfortunately I am stuck with a shitty cube 15 which really doesn't do this guitar any justice but it still sounds great through it. The Seymour Duncan pickups sound great for pretty much anything and the bridge pickup gives a really great sound for soloing.

I play metal and rock and this guitar is perfect for my tastes. I've been playing 2 years now and I don't plan on changing guitars for some time to come. Before buying it I compared it to a couple of Ibanez guitars with pretty much the same features and I found this to be a better guitar all round. If it was stolen I would try my best to find another but I doubt I'd beable to find another one, at least around where I Live. Anyway overall this guitar is amazing for someone looking for a metal guitar which will last them for a couple of years, now all I need is a better amp.

I have played this guitar at a gig and it worked perfectly, mine has strap locks so I pretty much will never have to worry about the strap breaking. Mine has a black finish which umm I doubt will ever come off. I already have and would again use this guitar Live without a backup.

When I first got this guitar there was a problem with the pickup wiring and I couldn't Switch between the pickups but that was because it was second hand so after I got that sorted everything worked great. The action is nice and low just the way I like it, unfortunately for me I have yet to get the locking tuners for the Floyd Rose (because it was 2nd hand it didn't come with them so I had to order them in) so if I use the whammy bar too much it tends to go out of tune but that's not too big a problem as I don't use the whammy THAT much. I suppose I can't blame the guitar for this though as it would work fine if it did have the locking tuners (I presume).

The LTD M-207 was made back in 2002 I think and is now discontinued so I suppose you could consider it quite a rare find. The first thing you'll notice is that this is a 7 string electric. It has a licensed Floyd Rose trem w/ locking tuners, 1 volume and 1 tone knob, 24 frets, the inlays seem to be 'similar' to shark tooth inlays. I believe it is maplewood body.

everettbrodie
    I picked this guitar up for $80 from a guy who had bought it from a pawn shop looking to learn 7 string. His loss, my gain! The only gripe I have with it is it seems to have a loose ground somewhere - it hisses when I'm not touching the volume know when it's turned up.