LTD M-300FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-300FM

I play metal and obviously it meets the cause. I use it with my Bugera 6262 and I can produce a variety of tones with it from clean to rock to full out death metal. The Emgs are pretty good I wouldn't say they are perfect but they are very versatile. My own complain is why did they put 2 EMG 81's? Why not a 60 or 85 in the neck, but I rarely use the neck pickup anyway so that's not much problem. Because of the neck-through-body the thing has tons of sustain and tone.

If you play metal and you're looking for something in this price range this is it man. I've only been playing for 2 years but this is the best guitar I've run across. If it were stolen I would definitely buy it again. I love the neck-through-body, finish, and emgs. The only thing that gets on my nerves is re-tuning and adjusting the Floyd Rose. There is NO guitar in this price range that have a neck-through-body, along with this many features. The only two things I would change is give it a 85 neck instead of a 2nd neck pickup, and give it an ebony fretboard.

The guitar so far has lasted my abuse for about 6 months and no damage. I occasionally bum it into something, but it hasn't seem to chip the paint or leave any scratches. One problem was the pickup selector fell off and wouldn't fit back on and it wasn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't gig without a backup ( that would be just plain stupid) but I can rely on it staying strong for years to come.

The guitar from the factory honestly wasn't that great the pickups and wood were ok, but the action and Floyd Rose weren't set up properly. After researching on how to do it on the web I correctly set it up and then that was when it began to shine. I got the action just to the right spot and I could shred endlessly on it for days without applying hardly any pressure. Basically after buying it you'll have to take some time to familiarize yourself with the Floyd Rose system if you haven't already and then you'll be set.

Made in 2010 in China, with 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard. It has a solid flat strat-like mahogany body with a flamed maple top. The body also has lots of cutaway edges that help keep your arm relaxed and easy access to all the frets. Its neck is a neck-through-body which is one of my favorite features. It has a beautiful black cherry finish. It comes with a Floyd Rose Special Bridge and active dual EMG 81 pickups. Overall its everything a metal guitars needs.

Mahabajaba
    You do realise it's pretty dumb saying "so and so copied brand x" right? A great many guitar companies have very similar guitars, it's nothing even worth noting.
    Skinny91
    You could say it looks like a Schecter as well, It's just a flamed maple super-strat, hardly an uncommon design.
    Omar.Hasan.moha
    iam going to get this guitar its very good in my opinion but the shop got only made in china of it is the made in china guitars are good or should i look for other guitars made in korea ?
    tacdad
    Owned one for a year now, and couldn't be happier. I play everything from classic rock to metal. This does it all. Needed some minor tweeks, as expected, but every guitar does "out of the box". Only change I've made was replacing the neck pickup with an EMG 60 to increase it's versatility.
    ItalianTank
    I've played one of these at Guitar Center. They play and sound pretty damn amazing.
    Mr Winters
    Mitochondria9 : Mr Winters wrote: I would get this if it had a TOM bridge There is. Its called the MH-350NT.
    Not the same finish, also not a flat top
    Mitochondria9
    Mr Winters wrote: I would get this if it had a TOM bridge
    There is. Its called the MH-350NT.
    TheBlackening91
    Why did they discontinue the M-200FM? I was like the build of an M-300FM, only cheaper and with pickups you wouldn't mind disposing of. I would have bought one if they still made it, it was certainly better than the M-103FM my friend has
    Vampire96
    good guitar, but if yer looking for a cheaper version i'd say the M-100FM would do just fine. but i'd take this any day if i have the money, just bcos of the shark-fin inlays
    sewoo55
    for the price, this is an outstanding guitar..... dunno why users give such a low rating. active emg pickups, neck thru design and licenced floyd that doesn't suck (i've had good&bad experiences with LFR before) for 500 dollars....
    bustapr
    lol someone actually putting an ad here lmao yeah I dont like the an 81 in the neck either, but its still a solid guitar.