LTD M-400 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-400

Purchased from: www.alpha-music.com

OK lately I've been only using my Pocket POD rather than my amplifier as I record directly on my PC. Mostly I play metal and hard rock and some emo acoustic songs to impress girls... hopefully. Anyways, all I can say about the distortion/overdrive sound of this guitar is a promise, no matter what. The Pocket POD is a very small multi-effect thing, very minimal and yet I get crazy dist. sound from the guitar, especially on pedal notes. The clean sound amazed me as well, the sound is good enough to get a replica sound of let's say Welcome Home's intro with the right settings, effects etc. Although the clean sound tends to be more "bass"-ish, you need to turn up the treble more. The sound is probably the best thing about this guitar in my opinion.

Let's see... I play mostly metal, hard rock and anything that helps me increase my guitar skills in those genres. Been playing for 3 years now, I have an acoustic and another crappy guitar which I bought for 100$. If anyone buys this incredible guitar, please be aware that tuning/stringing/adjusting a guitar with FR tremsystem and locking nuts is a pain in the ass. I would buy another one if mine was stolen or lost in a matter of a second. The machinehead looks very nice to me, it's inverted rather than a right-handed machinehead guitar. The only thing I hate about it is the tuning which takes a lot of time if you play in various drops. The only thing I wish this guitar had was a original FR. That's all. So my conclusion is, the price is pretty compared to it's quality, so it's way worth it. I am loving it and have no regrets. Alright peace.

Until now, the guitar has not betrayed me in any way. It really depends on how you treat this guitar, you must set it up perfectly and then rock out. I use it for band rehearsal and I wouldn't need a backup guitar on a gig. The strap buttons are wayyy nice, once you strap the belt, it's pretty hard for it to come off (my previous guitar used to). The finish is black (there is a white one too) and pretty shining, although it gets dirty like hell, in a matter of second. You can see your finger things on the reflection but personally I don't mind that. If you wanna keep the guitar clean, good luck then.

OK since I ordered it from USA, I wouldn't mind the set-up on the guitar but when I got it, it wasn't tuned, the pickups were adjusted too high, the bridge PU was slightly touching E and A strings. The trem system is Floyd Rose (licensed). The action was pretty low, which was fine for me. My fingers didn't get jammed at some solo licks as they used on my other cheap guitar. After I tuned it successfully (which took me hours and hours), there was still a problem. The strings were buzzing, especially the fat strings, then I had to retune and everything from scratch, now it's in perfect shape and God forbid the guitar still won't go out of tune and I've been using the trembar up and down constantly. Yes still in tune... But I have to say, setting up this guitar was a pain in the ass and I had to adjust the action, pickups and the tuning of course. Big minus for this one... All I can think of the reason is because it came from across another continent (USA to Europe) so maybe that is why the guitar was detuned and stuff.

I ordered it from USA because here the price was doubled. The features are: Finish: Black Body Style: "Superstrat" Body: Alder Neck: Maple Fretboard: Rosewood with white binding Inlays: Arrowheads Bridge: Floyd Rose Licensed Tuners: Grover Frets: 24 Extra Jumbo/XJ Frets Pickups: 2 Active EMG 81 Electronics: Vol / Tone / 3-Way Switch

JagerSlushy
    I wouldn't need a backup guitar on a gig.
    With a Floyd Rose? Rethink that. If you break a string, you're screwed .
    siverstorm
    JagerSlushy wrote: I wouldn't need a backup guitar on a gig. With a Floyd Rose? Rethink that. If you break a string, you're screwed.
    True, if you're gigging I'd say you should get a backup even if the guitar didn't have a floyd. Anything could happen. But anywho I tried this guitar out and its friggin' amazing, I did some looking around on the good ol' interwebs and i hear a lot of good things about this guitar. I'm thinking of getting it now
    Firering56
    JagerSlushy wrote: I wouldn't need a backup guitar on a gig. Its alot harder to break the strings if they were say.. ernie ball 2220's heavey guaged strings work better with these kind of guitars With a Floyd Rose? Rethink that. If you break a string, you're screwed.