LTD M-400 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-400

Well I play trash metal mostly, and the EMG-81 pickups are really great for it. It doesn't really pick up lots of sound, in fact it has less buzz than my previous guitar. I'm using a solid state 15 watt amp at the moment, it sounds pretty good with distortion. Clean sound of the guitar amazed me tho, I thought it would sound bad because of 81 pickup in neck position. Cleans are good but not brilliant. Well I can't really say something about variety of sound you can get from this guitar, because I believe it is more related to your amp and effects setup.But I can say it is more suitable for hard-rock/metal. I bought it because I play metal, and it sounds good so I give it 9.

Well I tried to be objective as much as I could, but if I didn't like the guitar I wouldn't have bought it in the first place no? It's the only guitar I own at the moment, I sold my older one because well I don't like stuff that I don't need to fill up a little space I have in my home. I've been playing with it for a year or something now. If it was stolen I wouldn't buy it again, because I like trying out different guitars. Has nothing to do with quality etc of this guitar. Well I love its sound, comfortable higher-fret access and neck profile of it. I only hate its bridge, wish it was at least 1000 series. I didn't really compare it with other guitars, only some other LTD's. I'm giving it 8 because its a nice guitar for its price-range.

I don't go on gigs because I don't have much time, tho I believe it will stand live playing easily. I still wouldn't advice going on a gig without backup guitar lol. Well the hardware seems to last, and strap buttons are solid. Straps never got out of their place yet, but I'd suggest getting locking-strap buttons if you are planning to play live. The finish seems like it will last long, I don't think it would wear off after you play it for few years. I'm giving it 7 because Floyd Rose bridge and everything related to it (tuning, changing strings etc) is a b**ch to do.

Well it had no flaws when I bought it. Music store guy made its 1st tuning there.I didn't have to adjust the height of pickups when I got home. It only had loose volume knob, everything else was in good condition.Only bad thing about it is that it keeps fingerprints on its body like that guy says in his review. I'm giving it 10 because it was in good condition when I bought it.

Well I bought this guitar about a year ago, I'm assuming its made in 2009 in Indonesia. Body of it is a superstrat style solid top made of Alder with black finish, and neck is a 3-piece maple, made with set-thru method. It has rosewood fingerboard with pearloid arrowheads with model name at 12th fret. It has xtra thin-u profile neck with 24 frets. It has 2 active EMG-81 pickups, licensed Floyd Rose, mini-Grover tuners, 3 way selector with 1 master volume knob and 1 master tone knob. I'm giving it 8 because it has licensed Floyd Rose, wish it had 100 series at least lol.

jbailes
    It's a crying shame that these aren't made anymore. Real fun guitars to play.