LTD M-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-50

Purchased from: coffey music

I play mostly metal, Metallica, Pantera. But I do play some shred, Vai, Sach, Petrucci. And some bluesy stuff too. It handels it all pretty decently. It doesn't have any fancy passive pickups or emgs so the sound isn't amazing but for a cheap guitar, it sounds pretty damn good. I run it through a really shitty (to me) Marshal 30DFX. So it doesn't have a full sound. It's a little hollow. No matter what pedals you put on it. But it is the amp, not the gutiar. I ran it through a Mesa Dual Rectifier at the shop where I take lessons and it sounded amazing. On the Mesa the distortion was the classic passive sound. A little dirty but little noise. The clean sounds great for a cheap guitar. My pedal rig is a DigiTech Death Metal to a Danelectro Chorus pedal which cleans up all the rediculous fuzz that the metal pedal has because I have to use the metal due to the lack of good distortion on my Marshall. Marshall sucks. Yes I said it. It does sound good when I do that though.

For some reason I just absoultly love this guitar. It's such a great guitar to learn on and even after I've gotten other guitars, I still go back to it. I custimized an ESP, and I designend a lot of it based to that guitar. I love the neck for some reason. It fits my hands perfectly and I can play super fast on it. It handles drop tunes with the best of them. I wish it had EMGs, and a floyd rose on it, but you can't have everything. If someone stole it, I would chase them down, cut their balls off with a dull penknife and shoot them in the head. I would definatly buy this guitar again. If they made it in some other colors, I would buy multiple colors. it is the cheapest guitar that ESP makes but is beyond better then any guitar in that price range or maybe a little higher. This is an alaround great guitar. It handles everthing well and it isnt extreme. Go out and buy it. It's very cheap.

This guitar will last through anything. I've dropped it numerous times. I've had it for about 2 years and the finish is still the same as when I got it. No dents, or any other major things of that such. The strap buttons are great, the strap has never came off in the 2 years I've had it. I would and have played this guitar in a live gig with out a backup.

The action came perfect. This is the guitar I started playing with and it was my frist guitar. It's perfect. The neck is very skinny and much faster then most other guitars of tis price. I put some D'Addario 12's on there so I had to readjust the nut but other then that it came very well. The whammy bar is a little stiff but its nothing that some practice cant fix. The finish on mine is flat black so it keeps its color through thick and thin.

For years ESP has been researching better methods of guitar building to bring the finest quality, low-priced guitar on the market. They have succeeded and the result is the M50. The M50 offers two humbucking pickups, poplar body, a reversed headstock and an incredibly fast maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard & 22 XJ frets for a price that all can enjoy.