LTD M-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-50

I mainly play metal but also classic and heavy rock, this guitars warm open sound suits it very well. The pickups are cheap but for the price you paying for the guitar it doesn't matter, besides you can upgrade them later. It handles los of distortion very well and with hardly any background noise. It can make a variety of sounds but most definately suited to metal/rock/punk more than anything else, which is fine by me. Also on a clean amp setting it provides a very warm and rich tone.

Basically, in my opinion, this guitar will never be worth more than $500 (AU) but for its price you'll never find a guitar so well put together if you play metal or heavy rock. If it were solen/lost I'd be back in the shop with the cash already on the table for a new one, but in black. Can't think of anything I really have a problem with on this guitar, probably the pickups but they'll get swapped sooner or later. Note that all my ratings are relative to the price. Thank you ESP.

No-one should play Live without a backup because absoloutely anyhting could happen, but I'm so confident in this guitar that I would. It seems like it'll last for ages and could take a fair drop, really solidly made. The paint ain't going anywhere soon either.

When I recieved this guitar it came perfectly set up, not a drop out of place. Low action complementing the fast neck. The quality of everything is absoloutely flawless. I didn't have to put new strings on it or anything. The intonation is also so much better than most other guitars I've played.

This particular ESP LTD M-50 was made in Indonesia in 2006. The agathis body is solid but relatively light (mine is in a nice satin blue). The bodys shape is Strat-style but with right angled edges instead of rounded to give it an edgey look (goes with the sound too) The body houses two stock ESP passive humbuckers and a black chrome ESP Vintage tremolo bridge. To change the sound there are two black chrome knobs, one for volume, one for tone, and a three way pickup Switch. It has twenty-two extra jumbo frets on a rosewood fingerboard. At the end of the neck is a reverse headstock with non-locking black chrome tuners. The guitar came with two allen keys, but unfortunately for me, was missing the tremolo arm.