LTD M-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-50

Purchased from: eBay

As almost every ESP user I play rock and metal with this guitar, and surprise it fits it perfectly. It provides great sustain, and even though you don't have the legendary EMG pickups in it, it sounds great! I plugged it into my amp (a Dimavery GA-15, which really sucks) and I was really surprised. I always had known that ESPs sound great, but I never played one myself, so I was like:"Wow, it sounds even better than I thought!" There is hardly any background noise. Of course it's made for metal, but if you try a little with the pickups and the tone knob, you can even play some nixe blues (rock) with it. The clean sound is good as well, but I would choose a Les Paul for clean and blues sounds. And I would replace the pickups with EMG os Seymour Duncans.

After all I can say, this is a great guitar. It's very cheap (about 220, if you buy a new one), but it has got a great sound and it's very solid. I've been playing for two years, this is the first decent guitar I have. I also have a Dimavery PS-522, which isn't as half as good as this guitar here. I would like to have a FR on it, as well asl EMGs, but it wouldn't be as cheap then.

I haven't played Live with it, for my band is still busy with songwriting, but I believe that this guitar would stand it with no need for a backup (I would take one wit hme though, just in case). The strap buttons are very solid, the scews are very hard to remove. The finish will not go anywhere unless the guitar falls on the edge of the stage. This perhaps did happen to the previous user, because it has got a little paint off, but that doesn't disturb me. Vintage feeling, man.

I got this guitar from eBay, so I can't tell too much about the setup. But I once played it at a local music store, and it seemed to be quite nice. The strings are the only point I would have to complain at. They could be a little closer to the fretboard, and you have to push the tremolo really hard to get some effect. But that's the only thing I have to complain at.

This is the M-50 by LTD. I don't know what year it was made exactly, but it must've been about 2000 or something like that. It was made in Indonesia. It has got 22 jumbo frets on a rosewood fingerboard, the body is made of basswood and the neck is of maple. The body style reminds of the famous superstrat style. You'll find an ESP Vintatge Tremolo on the bridge, as well as two ESP LH-150 passive humbuckers. It has got a volume and a tone knob, which are next to a 3-way switch. The tuners are also made by ESP themselves, and are non-locking. It also has got a reversed headstock, which in my opinion is very cool.