LTD M-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-50

Purchased from: Music store

The guitar has a midrangey tone best suited for hard rock and metal but can get descent clean sounds with the volume turned down and both pickups on. The passive pickups give medium gain output which is great for most hard rock/metal. My only complaint is that the guitar lacks fullness when using certain sounds but this is typical of basswood.

This is a great guitar for players on a budget. The MH-50 might be a better choice for some people though because it has a Floyd Rose style tremolo and 24 frets. You can pay a lot more from other brands to get a guitar that is not any better than the M-50.

I have not had any problems with the guitar. The finish is scratched a little bit on the bottom because I dropped it on concrete but it held up well and I was playing it fifteen minutes later. Obviously it is not going to last as long as a more expensive guitar but seems to hold up pretty well.

When I bought the guitar the action was set fine and is about the same now. Occasionally the strings will buzz a little bit but that is only when I put new strings on. This of course can be solved by adjusting the action up. So far I have only had to make very very minor adjustments to the guitars action. My guitar has a satin black finish but also comes in satin blue. I prefer gloss finishes but hey, it still looks pretty good.

The ESP LTD M50 is a superstrat style guitar made with a basswood body, a bolt-on maple neck, and a 22 fret rosewood fingerboard. The bridge is a Vintage style tremolo. It has two passive humbucking pickups and the controls include a volume knob, a tone knob, and a 3-way pickup selector. The bridge, tuners, and pickups are all made by ESP.