LTD M-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD M-50

Purchased from: Styles music

The guitar sounds very very good on distortion settings, its very distorted and loud. We use a Marshall amp with it, I have yet to try the Epiphone Studio 15R with it, but the Epiphone one has more controls so it might sound better on clean than it does now. It sounds slightly off on clean, but very good on distortion.

I play punk and alternative music, so the distortion sounds good for punk songs, but for alternative songs on clean it doesnt't sound as perfect. I own a Epiphone Special Two and I personally prefer that over this guitar, but the ESP is very good also. Excellent quality product I reccomend it to anyone that likes alot of distortion.

Yes I believe this guitar will stand up very well live, I wouldn't use a backup, its very sturdy. The pickup Switch seems a little delicate, very skinny, but all the other hardware is very solid. The matte finish seems a little easy to scratch but none so far so that's good. Very reliable and durable.

The guitar was set up very well at the factory, no flaws in the finish, scratches smudges, etc, the pickups were adjusted perfectly needed no adjustments. The Bridge was also set up perfectly, sounded great right of the bat. Thee were no loose screws or loose tuning pegs or anything.

I don't know what year it was made, my brother has had it for about a year and it was brand new when he got it, I used to play it all the time before I got my electric guitar. It has twenty frets but I don't know what fret wood it is. It has a matte black finish and chrome tuners. It has a volume control and a tone control. There are two pickups and I think they are ltd. The tuners don't lock. It also has a spot for a whammy.