LTD MH-1000 Deluxe review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-1000 Deluxe

I play mainly metalcore/post-hardcore/thrash/rock and it feels like it's basically built for the music I play. You can also get some nice cleans out of it too if you play blues/jazz/etc.

I've been playing a little over 3 years now and I love the guitar. It's the best I've ever played. I've picked up Fenders, Gibsons, Ibanez Prestige's, Deans, Jacksons, you name it... Nothing comes close to this. That's my opinion. Some may disagree, but for me, this is THE guitar.

I throw down when I'm playing. If you've ever seen a live metalcore/post-hardcore concert- that's what I do when I'm just playing for fun. I do spins, all kinds of crazy shit and haven't had a problem. Just use Strap-Loks. Would I gig without a backup, hell no. I don't care how perfect a guitar is... Always bring a backup.

The finish is great. The neck is literally PERFECT for me. I've never picked up a guitar that felt better. It almost feels like I got it Custom made. The only problem is it isn't extremely fast. The finish seems to slow me down, especially when I've been playing a while and my hands start to sweat a little and stick.

Ok I'm not going to go over every detail of this guitar. I'll tell you what I feel you should know. Anyway, I have the blue quilted Floyd Rose Dual Locking Tremelo model. The guitar never goes out of tune! I was in the habit of every time I pick up a guitar I tune it, and every time I pick this one up I forget I don't need to tune it. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't that bad changing tunings. It takes me about 5 minutes. I Switch tunings from Drop D, D Standard, Drop C, C Standard, Drop B (Which I use heavier strings for and don't do that often) The Active EMG 81/85 Pickups are incredible. Along with SD Screamin Demons they are the best I've ever played/heard. The shielding on the pickups is great, I don't get any buzzing/feedback.

Oldguitarbro
    Hi there new to forum.Been playing for 30 plus yrs.Im 61 yrs old and this is my first esp.My two cents ,I think this guitar can do anything if you also play with the tone ,volume controls and your amp . It,s not going to sound like my Eric Johnson strat clean wise ,but very few gits do,lol.All in all an amazing guitar for the price point.Don,t know how they do it
    carrabbasmail
    I'm stuck between a MH-1000 or a DV8-R for the same price & a M-300FR for $300. Any suggestions? I know playing them is the best test but hearing an owners likes/dislikes is valuable as well. I'm mostly wanting something best quality for the money and plays fast for metal. I currently have a Ibanez RG4EXQM1 & a B.C. Rich Zombie NT NJ Series and want something of better sound & quality, Should I skip the M-300 all together and choose between the dv8-r & m-1000 or is the m-300 good for the price? I'm still learning but as I said want something that will satisfy me still in years to come.
    durankrista
    I plan on getting the Ibanez RG1XXV or the ESP LTD MH-1000 Deluxe. I started out with an Ibanez gax70. I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about ESP. I like to play metal, rock, and blues. We don't have those models in my country so my uncle who's a musician, will buy it for me in the U.S. Do you guys have any recommendations? What should I get? I have really small hands..like an 11 yr old.
    joshtsavo
    I got the MH 1001NT with see through grey. Man this guitar is everything I've ever hoped for. 81/85 setup, locking tuners, absolutely gorgeous. And plays like a dream. The Metalworks EMG's are stunning. All in all, best guitar i've ever played.
    joshtsavo
    PS: I used to be all Ibanez, but wanted the EMG's for so long I finally made the switch to the ESP LTD JH-200 Jeff Hanneman model, that had passive EMG's, still sounded great though, and played just as well as all the RG's i've had in the past. Then made the switch to the LTD MH-1001NT with the Active 81/85 setup, holy shit the difference is massive. The sound these pickups get are second to none. The playability of the guitar I think is way better than any Ibanez i've ever played, to be honest it plays better than their Prestige lines.