LTD MH-1000FR review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-1000FR

Purchased from: Craigslist

I play mostly metal music and I have to say for a 3rd hand guitar, it probably still sounds as well as it did on day one. It came stock with EMG 81/85 combo, but I switched out the 85 for a 60 and it sounds way better. Suits the guitar more and also the style of music. Sweet leads that sound ohhh so good through my solid state Roland Cube 40XL. Not much of a wow with the amp, but played through a Blackstar or a Marshall and this thing sings. There is no noise at all, plus it had the 18 volt mod on it already. Pretty sweet deals.

This guitar in all is AMAZING. If I lost this guitar, I'd buy it again. Although I'd be sad to lose this finish (because they don't make it anymore) but I'd definitely buy it again without a question. I've been playing guitar for about a year now, and I have to say that out of all the guitars I've tried, this has to be one of the better feeling ones. From Ibanez, to Schecter, to Jackson, this LTD takes the cake. If your lucky to find one of these out of production Snow White models, cherish it, because its just beautiful.

YouTube preview picture

Haven't taken this thing out to a live performance yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll do just fine out there with no backup. Strap buttons are solid and hardware will definitely last you. Finish seems to be very durable and wont fade or rub off anytime soon. This thing is always in a case and is always in a cool temperature controlled environment. This guitar is just amazing, especially for the price I paid. Even for regular price, this guitar would be worth it. Ohhh, it also comes with Grover tuners that stay in tune (even though you have Floyd locks) and are just as awesome as the other hardware.

The way I got it, the Floyd Rose was blocked so the guy could drop tune. I immediately removed it and set it up perfectly to a drop C tuning and it's perfect. Action is just right, not to low, not to high. Pickups needed a little adjustment. Bridge has fantastic pullups and dive bombs. This guitar had no flaws at all. The white leaves no visible finger prints or anything. Abalone trim is fantastic and pretty flashy. Locks were perfect, and Floyd was intonated properly. Awesome hardware choices and maintains tuning all the time.

I own the 2006 Snow White version of this guitar made in Korea. I bought it off a guy on Craigslist. It was a second hand guitar (now a third) and it's still in immaculate condition. I live in Hawaii and this thing has gone all the way from Texas to here and still has no dents, scratches, only some discoloration to the black chrome hardware. It has 24 XJ frets, beautiful abalone binding on the headstock, neck and body. Equipped with EMG active pickups and a Floyd Rose 1000 series bridge. I've owned it for about 3 weeks now and I love it.

Way Cool JR.
    What's the deal with reviews lately with a video attached that isn't the guitar or reviewer in the video. The review is for a Snow White LTD and the video is of a satin black one. The same thing happened with a Schecter Solo 6 (I think an SLS)the other-day. For some reason I just don't approve of it.