LTD MH-1000NT Deluxe review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-1000NT Deluxe

Purchased from: eBay

Lets face it, this guitar is built for metal. It is a heavy metal machine. This isn't going to be your choice for a journey cover band or anything like that. But it does metal as well as anything I've played. I'm using it with a Peavey 6505 and a delay pedal. Pretty simple setup. I've always steered clear of EMGs in the past, and at first I wish this guitar had the stock JB/59 on it. However, I'm quite happy with the EMG's. They are very clear and articulate compared to other passives I have. I think I'll be keeping them.

Well as stated above I bought this to have second guitar to switch out if needed. I have several other guitars - Ibanez RG1570 Prestige, Ibanez RG470, PRS SE 245, Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro, and a Fender American Strat. They all have their purposes for different genres/styles. I used my Ibanez Prestige live 99% of the time, and I usually brought along my RG470, though it wasn't very reliable. So that's what I got this for - a reliable backup metal guitar. This guitar is great for live playing it seems. This guitar seems to weigh NOTHING. Its by far the lightest guitar I own. I did try out a similar guitar to this before hand - the EC1000, but I wasn't impressed. I much prefer this guitar, as I own mostly Strat/Super Strat style guitars. I have a couple singlecuts that I love, so I went this route. I love the weight and lovely finish on this guitar. As far as anything I don't like about it - I can't really think of anything. It plays super smooth, I love the pickups, though I wish I could have tried the JB/59 ones first, but at this price - I can't complain!

With it having dings in it, I am concerned on how easily this guitar could be damaged. I would never use a guitar without a backup. I bought this guitar to have a more suited backup/2nd guitar for my style. I have other guitars that would be fine, but this one has it all.

Well since this guitar was used, it was set up perfectly. It feels like it was specially set up for me. It's incredible. But with it being used, it's not in perfect shape. There are some scatches and dings in it. But that shouldn't obviously be the case with a new one, so I won't go any farther into details on the finish. I'm going to rate this on a NEW one however. This guitar is BEAUTIFUL. It's pretty looks are quite interestingly compliment it's monster metal style.

Up for review is an LTD MH-1000NT Deluxe in see-through black cherry, I believe its called. I have no idea how to date these things, but I believe it is an older one. The new ones seem to have a matching headstock, this one does not. It just has a black one. Here's a quick features run down: - Set-thru construction - Mahogany body with a quilted maple top - 25.5" Scale maple neck - Rosewood fretboard with 24 XJ frets - Master volume and tone controls - 5-Way ultraswitch pickup selector - TonePros locking TOM bridge - ESP locking tuning machines - Black nickel hardware Mine did come with several accessories. It came with a really nice hardshell case, a strap, and straplocks. The biggest difference between a stock model and this particular one is that the previous owner switched the SD pickups that come stock normally, for an EMG 81/60 combo. I know the trem version of this guitar comes with EMGs, but I'm tired of trems. I wanted to be able to switch tunings without adjusting everything.