LTD MH-100QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-100QM

Purchased from: Sam Ash - Ontario CA

I play a lot of classic rock, blues, hard rock, and metal. This guitar fits everyone of those needs. I play through a Raven RG100 amp that has 2x12s in it. It gives me a great, hard sound that I love. I run it through a DigiTech RP250. it isnt noisy... especially with the EMG, it is silent. I usually have my settings as: treble - 10, mid - 10, bass - 4, gain - 2 o'clock or sometimes 5 o'clock. It has a nice variety of sounds. I can get some heavy tones, to some bluesy tones.

If this were stolen, I would probably either cry for about 3 weeks straight or find the guy Who stole it, and rip his heart out. This guitar is everything I need in a guitar. I have been playing for almost 2 years. I started on christmas of 06. My gear is: amp - Raven RG100 2X12, guitars - ESP MH100QMNT, 1965 Fender Stratocaster, effects - DigiTech RP250 multi-effects box. It's hard to compare the ESP with my Strat because they feel so different. As far as anything I like / dislike about it, there isn't anything that I dislike about it. I could see recording material with this guitar. I'ts that great. It's all I need in a guitar and more! Try it out if you get the chance.

As far as durability goes, it can take a lot of punishment. The headstock has been accidentally smacked against walls and it stays in perfect condition. The hardware so far, is lasting, I have had the guitar for about 8 months. The strap buttons are good, the guitar isn't heavy at all, so I dont have to worry about the strap coming off. I can rely on this guitar for anything, it gives me ANY style of music that I want to play. I could easily gig with this guitar, even though it's only $380, it has blown my mind away. The finish is great, it's dark red with some cool little swirly things wich makes it look really tight. The only thing that has worn off is some of the silver paint on my TOM bridge from the sweat from my hands... but its all good.

The setup out of the factory was pretty good, but 6 months down the line I had some bad low E buzzing. It went away mysteriously though. The pickups were fine. I just replaced the bridge pickup with an EMG H4 passive and it sounds a lot brighter. I can't think of any flaws to the guitar at all. The tuners work great and everything is perfect.

I believe ESP is stationed in Japan, but im not totally sure. Anyway, this ESP MH-100QMNT is a great guitar for $380 bucks. It has 24 extra jumbo frets, quilted maple top, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, basswood body, bolt on neck, T.O.M bridge and I put on an EMG H4 passive pickup in the bridge position. It has a Strat style body. I have all passive pickups. It has master volume, master tone and 3 way pickup switch. I have standard ESP tuners on it as well. I also have yet to put another EMG in the neck position.