LTD MH-100QM review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
ESP: LTD MH-100QM

Purchased from: guitar center, willmington DE

24 jumbo frets, a pretty slim neck, bass wood body, an esp single coil neck and mid pickup, an esp humbucking bridge pick up. It has one volume and one tone knob. Floyd Rose trem and esp tuners. The knobs are a nice style and feel solid. It has a maple top, with. Quilted finish, it looks very nice. The trem on this guitar gives amazing bomb drops. It plays real well with the jumbo frets. Really easy hammer ons, bends are so smooth on this fret board. Slides sound okay, could sound a lot better. The pickups don't buzz at all, in fact they sound nice for the price I payed.

I bought this guitar because I wanted something that cam handle a lot of gain. I was also looking for something I could get around the fret board a little easier to. The guitar is pretty easy to play, especially after playing metal on a cheap strat for 3 years. I have a. Fender Mustang amp, so I can get pretty much any sounds I want out of the guitar. I'd rather it had 2 humbuckers than 2 single coils, but you can get a nice clean sound out of it because of this. I have a guitar for playing clean tho so its kind of pointless to me. I have to say I love the Floyd Rose trem, its probably the best feature of the guitar.

I got it set up at a shop in Newark, I put 9 gauge slinky cobalt strings on it and it was ready to go. It did have 2 or 3 scratches where the pickguard would be if it had one, I guess from idiots playing it at the store. The selector is absolute sh-t. Glad I got a warranty because it needsto be fixed. Other than that, the part of the trem that you screw the whammy on to was loose so I took it off. Going to have guitar center fix that to. The tuning pegs were a little loose where they screw onto the head so I had to tighten them up. The trem is a bit stiff where the fine tuners screw in. A drop of oil in each one and they loosened up.

If you wanted to play at your schools battle of the bands this guitar would be fine. It's not going to go out of tune because of the trem, and its not going to tire your hand out from playing to much. The straps buttons are very nice on this guitar. For playin' in a jam band with your friends this guitar is perfect. But its a budget guitar so keep that in mind. The selector is sh-t. Its a pretty guitar tho and would look nice on stage. Its pickups are covered and look very nice. The knobs feel secure and have a nice style.

I am ok at acoustic guitar. I've been playing about 5 years and I've played acoustic more than anything else. I love to play acoustic because it's a lot of fun, but I'm a metal head. I love the raw sound of a juiced up guitar. I have a Gretsch G9500 and another acoustic my dad gave me from the '70s (my nicest guitar). I have a Jay Turser strat that was my first electric which I absolutely love. I bought a fender mustang amp because of its versatility and features. So I play pretty much all types of music. I have a mod tone extreme metal pedal as well. This guitar sounds great with the pedal, you can achieve almost any range of rock and metal with this guitar amp and pedal combo. Great budget items. 240 dollar guitar, 250 dollar amp, and a 40 dollar pedal, and you can play any type of rock you want. Great stuff. I don't think I'd buy this guitar again, its a little to cheap for me, but I'm probably gonna keep it