LTD MH-100QMNT review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-100QMNT

Purchased from: SamAsh

I'm a hard rock and heavy metal player with a few soft stuff on the side. This guitar has astounding cleans. I can play some Red Hot Chili Peppers with it easily. I'm using a Peavey Vypyr 15 watt (soon to upgrade). The pickups are incredible. When I crank distortion through this guitar there is no other tone like it. It can go from Led Zepplin to Avenged Sevenfold all the way to the really heavy stuff like For Today, Killswitch Engage, and Bullet For My Valentine. I love the tone.

Well this is a fantastic guitar, it can get that hard rock/metal sound I crave and can even put out the cleans very well. It's a versatile guitar but Hard Rick is where it lies. If it were stolen I would find who ever stole and beat them senseless because this one is my baby and I couldn't let it go. But I would definitely by another one.

This guitar has withstand live playing time and tmie again and I never even thought about bringing a backup (mostly because I didn't have one). Its more than dependable and its even better than my Ibanez RG5EX1 which costs about $100 more. The hardware is top notch and doesnt't look like its going anywhere for a while.

The action came at about normal height but I put on some fresh strings and lowered it to my likings. It can be easily lowered by just twisting some screws. The pickups are adjustable really easily, again just some screws need to be turned (I prefer putting the bridge closer to the string to put some beef in the tone). I had never had any problems with this guitar what'soever out of the three years I've owned it.

I got this guitar in 2009. I think it was made in Japan. It has 24 frets and has a fairly thin neck but not super duper thin. It has a quilted maple top. String thru body bridge style. Passive LH-150 pickups (stock). 3-way switching control and one tone and volume knob. The tuners are stock ESP tuners which hold their tune very well, no matter the tuning.

Zdsguitar
    I hate all 10 reviews, I agree with IGotIssues, EVERY guitar has its flaws and this one is no exception.
    LeakyFlask
    Reading the comments before the review made me think he actually called his guitar Hard Rick.
    JB95
    "I prefer putting the bridge closer to the string" What? How can you put it closer? Anways, Hard Rick... could be a name for someone's wiener... priceless.
    dandayo
    WhoAMEye wrote: SylKain wrote: Yup, Hard Rick is where it's at! I Know Him!!
    RICK 'N' ROLL!!
    Air_Stryker
    I've played one before, I really liked it. It's pretty awesome looking guitar, and it sounds great (for it's price range). But still, straight tens won't get anyone anywhere. It's not helpful. It's fine that you love a guitar and it's cool to say so, but reviews like this exist mainly to assist people in buying a guitar. So giving every guitar worth 100 - 5,000 straight tens is not helpful. It may be good for it's price range, but try and be critical, because this guitar is not as good as my EC-1000 which costs 850. I'm sorry. It's just not.
    GazzaCee
    "I never even thought about bringing a backup (mostly because I didn't have one)" "better than my Ibanez RG5EX1" No backup, eh?
    NoiseMaker97
    love me some hard ricks. I'd like to see some flaws, what could be improved about this guitar? Is it too heavy, etc? I realize it's your instrument so you want it to be perfect, but please critize a little
    Mprinsje
    i have a MH50NT, which has the same pickups as this one, and i can safely say they aren't incredible. they are decent for a guitar in this price class, but nowhere near incredible. they are fizzy when very high gain, and although the cleans are passable, it's not RHCP-able, simply because they're not singles.
    tiyfs
    its a great starter guitar, really nice neck, but not a 10. no way. for it's price range, it is arguably, but in the spectrum all guitars it would be a 5-6.
    txavy
    all 10??? lol then my ESP VIPER should have all 25... Alaskansurefire:"I think it was made in japan" You are wrong, it was made in Korea...
    Reizei
    i can understand people being excited for a new guitar with what they want but its not gonna be an all 10, just hyped up from it but still good to contribute to the community and share your thoughts on it