LTD MH-250NT review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-250NT

Its sound is awesome. I play it through a electro harmonix metal muff and I can get any variety of sounds from metalcore to punk. Everyone moans about EMG Hz's not being so good as 81s and 80 but on this guitar they work so much better. The sound comes out clear even when the distorion is maxed out and with the coil split you can achieve some amazing clean tones too.

Amazing, simple as that. Although just over 400 she blows the water out of my EC-1000 which I thought would never happen. I would recoment buying little things like strap locks and a hard case would have been nice to get but I can't be picky with a 400 pound guitar.

Although it has a quilted top it's suprisingly tough. Mine has been dropped afew times and has only afew dents. The obvious buckle rash happened, but I don't no any guitar company Who can prevent that. Strap buttons do need to be replaced to locking ones because they are not the strongest in the world and with giging she handles amazingly.

The action is amazing, it came preset like most ESP's but I haven't had to play with the innotation at all and it stays perfectly intune even after a 1 and a half hour gig. I'm not a big person, only 5, 8 so the 25.5" neck was a bit of a risk but my hands can fit round it perfectly. it's cut aways are perfect for both standing and sitting and the input jack is no where near your leg.

Amazing. It's a 2005 LTD made in Indonesia, not very many ESP's are made there anymore cause it's cheaper in japan. It has a 25.5" thru-neck I believe and 24XJ frets. The quilted maple arched top gives it stunning looks but the agathis body keeps the weight down. It has the usual super Strat shape like most modern metal guitar but the one big difference is the thickness, cause of the thru-neck they have managed to keep it's stupidly thin which is great for playing standing up. it's rounded off with a white and natural binding with Strings thru, perfect for drop tunning. Your given a volume and tone spilt so you can make the pick-ups into a humbucker and two single coils. Although it comes with EMG HZ4 (EMG ESP'S) they are amazing sharp. Non-locking tuners come as Standard but locking would have been nice.

not_dead_enough
    This guitar comes in left handed and I was considering getting one. I didn't for two reasons: 1. The importer into Australia would only import it for me if I bought 24 of them 2. The agathis body put me off In the end I got a LTD KH-202. Still, this guitar looks nice.
    Ace Frehley
    Actually it's an awesome guitar..I had for few days cause a friend of mine left it in my house.It has excellent sustain and the neck is really sweet to play.Anyway...great guitar!
    metallhead
    I have this guitar and love it. I changed the pickups to a JB and a Jazz and it is amazing. I can get the 80's Megadeth sound through a Vox AD30VT without any pedal. I love this guitar and will probably buy another ESP in the future.
    Blanco
    this guitar is great, the neck is amazingly fast but still fits you had well. reaching the top frets is easy and the pickups are great, i got the emg hz ones from the early model and they work as good my 81 and 85
    prison sex
    this guitar is amaizing, to anyone thinking of buying one, do, im not sure if i like the pickups asmuch as my 81-85's but on a 400 guitar they are amaizing
    IPlaySchecter
    i have this guitar and its great. it is better than $2000 dollar guitars i have used. The only thing i have done is added strap locks (which i do to every guitar i own).
    TurnedUpLoud
    I have the MH-250 with the black and grey "see through" quilt look. It also has a Floyed Rose set-up instead of a string through body style. Same EMG-ESP Pick-ups..would like to change them but really not a big deal. I put a set of Slinky "Big Bottoms" (.50-.11) on it and that was the freakin trick, man. Gave the guitar a whole new voice to work with. If you get the one I have with the Floyed Rose and you dont know what you are doing....tuning it is a total bitch, if you are alright with a FR...It is great. Mine also has a tap coil on the tone knob for both Pickups...Makes it sound really close to a strat if you need to without having one with you on stage. Nice trick if you ever brought two of three of your axes to a show and got "ripped-off"....buy it, do the right thing with it and it will shred and sing whatever you want...
    filip_dinev
    filip_dinev wrote: Can you play some funky, blues on this guitar?!
    AND PLEASE SOMEONE, DO A REVIEW FOR THE mh-250QM!!!
    STDeathStorm
    yeah i own this guitar,i don't know why people complain about the agathis body so much.It's a pretty damn good guitar for the price.It's got a good sound.
    meghrs88
    not_dead_enough wrote: 1. The importer into Australia would only import it for me if I bought 24 of them
    lol
    rexshredder
    DON'T buy this guitar... it sucks... trust me, I have it... pickups suck reach to the highest frets sucks :S seriously go for the ibanez if you are looking for good guitar at this price