LTD MH-327 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-327

I don't really have a style (this may sound like every other review) I just play anything and everything, although I play quite a lot of metal (BFMV and the such). I do play a lot of rock and sometimes blue and other kinds of music. I'm currently using it with a Bugera 6262-212. 27 frets is a good thing IMO because it allows for easier access to the higher frets and it is easier to tune down and just capo up (For example my The bridge PU is really HOT IMO but it is really good for leads and solos. It sounds really nice especially when you get to the higher range of the guitar, it does not get too schreechy or anything. The problem I see however is that it maybe too bright especially on clean settings. The middle PU setting is really nice for cleans and is good for rhythm in rock and genres that need that little bit of clarity when distorted. The neck PU is definitely a dark sounding PU but does not get too muddy like some other neck PU. The guitar has a push-pull to split the PU into single coils. It's very useful for cleans, I mainly use it with the middle and neck settings to get really clear and nice sounding clean tones. The guitar is pretty versatile considering the selection of pickups and the fact that it has a push-pull, which doesn't necessarily turn it into a strat, but will get the job done in most cases.

Overall pretty solid guitar. I love it and it is a joy to play. I've been playing for just over 6 years now. If this was stolen/lost, I may look into possibly buying something an OFR, possibly a BC Rich as I had originally intended in buying a Mockingbird but somehow came back home with this haha. Love everything about it except the bridge. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's into metal and rock and the such, however, if you don't have any experience with Floyd's don't let this be your first, stick with a hard tail instead!

I don't preform live anymore although I believe that this guitar can hold up live playing. The strap buttons are pretty solid, but getting strap locks would be wise. Like every situation, you should always have a backup, just in case! This guitar can hold up, but remember the Floyd, one broken string=one useless guitar! The finish seems really durable and isn't too thin, it's just right.

The guys at Axe Music setup the guitar for me so it didn't have any problems when I got it. Some problems that I have picked up though are: -some of the binding isn't proper and has little protrusions, causing my high "e" to sometimes get stuck on it, -some of the frets where not properly filed, -the volume pot came off after a few months and there was a small scratch on the headstock. For the most part I can deal with these, they didn't bother me too much. The only thing I have with this guitar is the Floyd. The Floyd Rose is a Special, meaning it is of low quality, really low quality. The bridge, when properly set up, does the job pretty damn well, however, it gets out of tune quite easily, the arm is constantly getting loose (even by just moving it out of the way), and the locking nut sometimes gets loose, causing problems in tunings. If it had an OFR, this guitar would be amazing, but the special just kinda lowered the value of this thing.

Not quite sure when it was made but it is made in China. It really isn't that bad, I know many bash Chinese-made guitars, but ESP really makes sure that their guitars are top-notch. The neck is a 25.5" scale neck thru maple neck. It has 27 XJ frets on a rosewood fingerboard and it has kind of a thin U shape to it. It has an amazingly gorgeous flamed maple top (mine's in red). The black and red really contrast beautifully. It has a Mahogany body that is fairly lightweight. It has a Foyd Rose Special Bridge (more on that later). ESP tuners. Has two humbuckers, a Seymour Duncan Custom-5 in the bridge and a HOT Raul in the neck. Volume and a push-pull tone pot and a 3-way PU selector.

Motley Lou
    yeah usually i would agree with you, but not with this guitar. i will do an update on it in a few months and see how its working.