LTD MH-400 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-400

This is the perfect guitar for my music style, which is mostly metal. I occasionally play some classic rock, and it handles this beautiful as well. Even melancholy chords on a clean setting sound beautiful and haunting. I play this guitar through a cheap Peavey Rage 158 Transtube series that I hope to upgrade to a Line 6 Spider III soon. On any setting I play I get virtually no noise. The neck pickup adds the perfect amount of bass to every clean setting, but can sometimes sound a bit more noisy than wanted on distortion.

I've been playing guitar for two years now, and this guitar beats any guitar I've ever laid hands on except for an expensive Gibson SG my friend owns. This guitar was half the price as his but sounds almost exactly the same. Wonderful guitar for the price. My favorite feature would have to be the Floyd Rose and locking system; other people have complained about theirs, but for me this thing is godly. There really is nothing I don't like about this guitar. If it was lost or stolen I'd buy another one as soon as I had the money. I had the opportunity to play this before I purchased it, and I suggest everybody do that whenever they make a purchase. Even if you hadn't played it, in this case you'd still have been impressed. For my playing style, (stuff like In Flames, Dragonforce, Opeth, Dream Theater, and Soundgarden) it is absolutely perfect. Grab a Boss distortion pedal and you'll experience angelic tunes from the gods, and pop killer squealies.

This guitar is a beast when it comes to durability. The strap buttons are larger and shaped a little different to make sure the strap doesn't come off, provided you aren't flailing around too much. Even if you dropped it, it probably wouldn't damage a thing. This is a good, solid guitar and is in near perfect condition even after being two years old. I'd use it on a gig without a backup.

I got this guitar from a friend Who had already had the controls adjusted perfectly.

This guitar is absolutely legendary. This one was made in Korea, but I really don't think that matters as long as the product provides what it promises. It's a 24 jumbo fret guitar which, combined with the maple/rosewood neck and fretboard, makes playing very smooth and fast. The body is made of mahogany with a quilted maple top that looks and feels wonderful. The Floyd Rose on this guitar is absolutely perfect. I can whammy the crap out of the guitar and this thing stays in tune great. It has an active EMG 81 bridge pickup and an active EMG 85 neck pickup that both provide an excellent tone. There is one volume control and one tone control, but not much variety using the tone control.