LTD MH-400 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-400

Purchased from: local music shop

I've got it tuned down to D Standard, but I do have it in drop C too. Probs guessed from the tunings that I play metal, metal or all kinds. I have other guitars too that I use for other tunings so I do play lots of other styles of music. I play this through a Line 6 Floor POD into a Hiwatt Maxwatt G40R but I've played it through many different things(Blackstar pedals and amps, valve kings) and it's just sounds amazing. I love the sound from the EMGs you can never go wrong with these pups in your guitar. Great for pitch harmonics too.

As I said before I play mostly metal on this and it suits me just fine. can't get the right sound I want tho but that's due to Line 6 for the digital stuff they always use. I've been playing about 3 years now, most people think it's longer because how well I can play. My other gear consists of a Ibanez S7320 and a ESP LTD EC 401, but I'm getting an Orange amp and Blackstar effects soon so that will get me the sounds I'm looking for. If this was stolen I'd probably go for the 1000 NT just for the locking tuners and better build, but that's like 1000. I love everything bout this one, wouldn't change a think on it, now I have it the way I like my guitars. Before I was looking at the MH 250 NT but they were all out of stock so I had the better one instead, was a birthday present to myself. If you have looked at this guitar and thought it's for you then it probably is for you. Go and buy one, they are f--king amazing guitars.

I've played this guitar a few times live, only did a few songs and we weren't allowed to proper rock out, but the guitar just wants you to keep playing it. The hardware is the best you can get so it's gonna last you a long time. I always change my strap buttons on all my guitar to locking straps. I just feel safer that way. You can always depend on this guitar no matter what you need it for, it will deliver the good and then some. It's built like a tank so it's gonna last a long time to come. unless it gets blown up or somethin silly.

I can't really comment on much about the guitar from the factory setup because the shop I got it from did an amazing job setting it up for me, it's a dream to play every time I pick it up. Bridge was routed very well, bookmatched top was good( what ever that means)and the pickups are just perfect. No flaws in the guitar at all.

My guitar is a 2007 ESP LTD MH400NT (non trem). It's made in Korea. Specs: Set-Thru, 25.5 Scale, Mahogany Body, Quilted Maple Top, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard, 42mm Earvana Compensated Nut, Thin you Neck Contour, 24 XJ Frets, Black Nickel Hardware, Grover Tuners, TOM Bridge, EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) Active p.u. , Finish: STBLK, controls are a master volume, master tone with a 3 way selector. This think looks amazing.