LTD MH-401QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-401QM

Purchased from: Andertons Music

This is my first guitar with emgs and I'm shocked how nice it sounds of clean. It is warm in the neck and it gives a good RHCP sound in the bridge position. It plays metal and hard rock music very well, but that's what emgs are famous for. The harmonic over tones on this guitar are great my amp at the moment is a Peavey bandit this guitar is great without effects. My uncle has just recently bought a Les Paul Studio for 999 which is over double for what I paid for mine and this guitar can run rings around it; even he says he wish he got the MH-401 rather then the les paul.

I play all sorts of music really. What ever I feel like on the day, this guitar looks like a metal guitar but it is so versatile. I have only been playing for 7 years but in that time I have played a lot of guitars as I have lessons in my local music shop so I have played many makes of guitar and ESP is my favourite, I would say this is one of my favourite guitars its the closest thing you will get to a Horizon it even looks the same.

This guitar is sturdy and heavy and has survived gigging. The hardware is good quality and the strap buttons seem to be solid. I can depend on this guitar without a back up.

I can't find any flaws in this guitar in the finish. The hardware was spotless when I got the guitar and still is great finish and all the routing is good. But I might of been lucky. The action was perfect to my taste the day I got it. But you will have to clean it often because this guitar shows every fingerprint the finish is like a mirror.

Set-Thru 25.5 Scale Mahogany Body Quilted Maple Top Maple Neck Rosewood Fingerboard Locking Nut 42mm Neck Width Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware Grover Tuners Floyd Rose Special Bridge EMG 81 (B) / 85 (N) Active p.u. Finish: See through Blue made in 2009 in Indonesia and is now discontinued The features are great and the Floyd Rose special is just as good as the original in my opinion. However I would of liked to have neck through construction as I like the look of it other then that its a great guitar.

TheRiffGod
    Generic?! those things are killer. stick them in a good body (mahogany or suchlike), do the 18v mod and play away. the 18v EMGs are just like nothing I have ever heard before. They have passive depth, clarity and response, but with so much more output.
    sewoo55
    ESP needs to equip their guitars with a wider variety of pickups... not just EMGs and the occasional Duncans
    TBFMVRA
    ilovesyu
    Yeah I have a esp with EMG 60/81's and they are good on both clean and distortion. They really don't need to worry about the pickup choices because they have no issue selling guitars with them they are popular and good, high-end pickups. I still prefer passive pickups myself though. I really wanna check this guitar out.
    Good_Lord
    Emg 60's cleans are pretty nice in fact , way better than those on the duncans.
    RyanMetalMatthe
    If ESP could simply make this in white with black hardware and a fixed bridge, I could have bought one instead of the Ibanez RG. I try to stick with ESP, but sometimes they make hard for me.
    saitenslayer
    TBFMVRA wrote: EMG's are really good cleans, I've got an MBM2 which has EMG 60/81 and they're amazing for cleans.
    na I have an LTD EC-1000 with the 60/81 and the clean still has a little grit too it when you have the volume on your guitar cracked, I gotta set the front pup to respond with the clean on my amp to get a nice clean tone, something I don't get with duncans
    MarkoakaNiggaK
    Come on ,are everyone here EMG fanboys? Yes EMG-s are good for giging cause they eliminate backround noise, but come on, do you realy wanna sound that generic cause of those pups?