LTD MH-401QM review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-401QM

Purchased from: Kens pro sounds

The sound was almost that exact of what would come off an Ozzy record or a Zakk Wylde record seeing that it has his pickup setup. Both pickups are a little trebley but with gain like this guitar is supposed to be used with lol it screams play me harder and faster. Even without being plugged in it makes a beautiful true noise.

My overall impression about this guitar is the same as every other ESP LTD Guitar/Bass. Some of the best guitar ever made in my opinion. I've played from Gretsch to Les Pauls to a 45,000 PRS Dragon breath double necked and yes they may be amazing guitars but how do they play? I don't want an extraordinarily expensive guitar that is nothing more than a piece of art. I want to be able to make music with my pieces of art.

Ok heres where my first and only problem came into place with this guitar. Alot of ppl don't know that when you do get a guitar with a special or 1000 Floyd rose all of the metal is cast not billet so it is weaker. My first problem arose when I was changing strings and the G string saddle stripped out. Not long after that the low e saddle broke from the force holding the string in place. Solution? I bought an Original Floyd Rose and had it installed. No more problems. But other than that there has been absolutely no other problems. The finish is the typical epoxy based so its strong as all hell and I haven't gotten a single scratch or ding on it even after falling out of the gig-van. Oops. Thank the lord ESP makes some extremely reliable guitar.

Well when I got this guitar I noticed there was alot of fret rattle so the first thing I did once I got it set up and put into correct tune was I paid 125 for a full fret leveling and polish. After I got it back it was the fastest playing guitar I've ever played. The neck is so thin and narrow I missed notes somewhat but once I got it down I started learning songs that I simply thought were to fast. Well don't let anyone tell you its not your equipment cause I picked this up and had learned how to shred within 2 months. It helped thati had already been playing for about 7 years when I got it. The finish is see through blue with a quilted maple top. Absolutely beautiful guitar to go with its amazing playability and sound.

I'm not exactly sure about the specifics of this guitar cause I bought it off the original user who gave it up cause he couldn't get past playing twinkle twinkle little star. I do know it is a 2008 model made in Indonesia it is a set-thru Design which for the price is perfect, Comes with all the usual ESP LTD doo dads. Like a 25.5 inch scale neck, 42mm nut, super slim you shaped neck, 24 XJ frets but this model came with some extra goodies some good one bad. Came with EMG's 81B/85N and a floyd rose special. Now the floyd rose I had trouble with but that will come later in the review.