LTD MH-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-50

Purchased from: musciansfriend.com

I play pretty much any style of music that I find I feel I can play. Anywhere from Atreyu, A7X, GnR, to Brad Paisley or Johnny Cash. It keeps up pretty well with how I play. Sure it doesn't give that good acoustic sound, I just turn my tone knob all the way down on the bridge and it gives me a decent acoustic sound. It is however better for the hard stuff. Atreyu and A7X sound great on this guitar with loads of distortion. I run it through a Roland Cube 15X and Boss DS-2 Turbo. The sound is great from cleans to dirty.

I love my guitar and am very happy with the choice I made. I will continue to purchase from ESP not let down at all! If this was stolen I'm not sure if I would buy this exact one, I would probably go for the EC-1000 from ESP. Not becuase of the guitar, I just love that one too.

I haven't gigged with it yet but I believe it would do well for live playing. All the hardware other than the minor output jack problem are great. The only thing it could use if you care on how it looks would be a pickguard. Mine is getting pretty beat up from picks but with a little polish all is fixed.

Like I said from factory it was in perfect tune. Very well setup from ESP and very well packaged. I had it shipped to Iraq and it got here without a scratch. So yeah, job well done ESP! The pups I've raised just a little to get a harder sound although from factory they were still in a good setting. The only flaw so far is the output jack for the cable is kinda crappy. It comes undone and goes up in the guitar sometimes. So that kinda sucks, but really not to hard a fix.

This is my first electric guitar that I've bought. It was made in Indonesia, 2007 model with locking tremolo. It has 24 jumbo frets, maple/rosewood neck, basswood body, and ESP LH-150 pickups. It has a volume, tone, and three-way selector switch. The guitar is a very solid guitar I love it, it came in perfect tune, and really didn't have to mess with it to much. Although, when I first decided to switch out the strings the Floyd Rose gave me quite a bit of trouble. So I would recommend if you don't know how to restring a floyd getting it done professionally. I now have it set back up and it holds tune perfect with minor adjustments.