LTD MH-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-50

Purchased from: Craigslist

Ok, so this is my first review, so go easy on me. This guitar suits my style perfectly, but it might not suit yours. This guitar is more of metal guitar, but has a bit of rock style in it too. If you want to buy this guitar because your favorite guitarist Kirk Hammett, or your favorite band is Metallica, this is probably a good guitar for you. Although, I would also highly recommend the M-series from ESP if your a Kirk fan. I love using Crybaby wah with this guitar, it sounds pretty nice for classic metal wah songs or solos. This guitar can also get really nice with distortion. It has a really nice, full, and rich sound. It can make a great diversity of sounds, you just have to know the technique to do these tricks to make the sounds. The sounds mostly can be made by using the Floyd on it. But all of these sweet things won't be playable right out of the box. Read the next section about setup.

Overall, this is a great guitar for the price... AS LONG AS YOU GET IT SETUP. This was my second guitar and I've been playing it for about 2 years. I loved it's tuning stability, nice headstock, and awesome Strat body. If this guitar was stolen, OF COURSE I would buy it again. My favorite part is the licensed Floyd Rose, I love doing tricks on it such as Dime squeals, divebombing, etc. But mainly, if your idol is Kirk Hammett of Metallica, this is guitar is probably what you would like. BEST 2ND GUITAR EVER!

This is the only guitar I gig with because my copy Strat won't meet my gigging needs and this is an awesome guitar to gig with anyways. The hardware will probably last for the next 20 years (maybe I'm over exaggerating, but it will last along time). The Floyd will especially last a long time, even though it's a licensed one. The strap buttons are pretty decent compared to other guitar. I definetly wouldn't need a backup for this guitar, it's VERY reliable. It's not wearing off either, even though I agressivly play on it.

I would recommend taking the guitar to a local music store to get it set up, ask your guitar teacher to set it up (my teacher did mine for free, your's might possibly do to), or take it to PROFESSIONAL guitar builders to get it set up. Overall, you should probably get it set it up to greatest amount you can. If you do this, there won't be any fret buzz, very nice sound, great action, and great playing. There's also the Floyd Rose. This will have average tuning stability out of the box, but after setup, it'll be awesome so you can do crazy divebombing and other tricks and stay in PERFECT tune. There were just a few minor flaws when I first got it, such as loose tuning pegs, extremely high action, and a few other unnoticeable ones, but that was it.

Here are the features: -2004 model, Made in Indonesia -24 Jumbo frets -Solid Body Electric -Strat body style -ESP Licensed Floyd Rose Rose Double Locking Trem. -Two ESP LH-150 Humbuckers -3 way selector,1 Volume and 1 Tone knob -ESP Tuners -Glossy Black Finish