LTD MH-53 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-53

Purchased from: The Guitar Repair Center

For metal of any thing remotly heavy this is the best buy for a musician on a budget. I am curently using it with an old Marshall valvestate head going through a 1960 lead cab with just a chorus and noise suppresor. And for a simple setup like mine this guitar is so versitle. Like I said perfect for any thing heavy but the single coils give you a great clean tone and for you maiden fans like my self if you use andy of the two last setting on the 5 way selector you can match dave murrys lead tone almost flazlessly the neck single pickup has a great old school lead tone with a little dirt. But I am looking to upgrad the pick ups I'm thinking of leaving the mid pickup but changing the hum at the bridge and the single at the neck. this is just my opinion some might love the tone you get right out of the box because it's not bad by any means.

In my 10 years of playing I have owned or still own about every brand of guitar and esp/ltd know ther stuff this is the cheapest guitar I have ever bought new and even after 3 monthes I'm stunned mabee I'm just one of those guys that prefer maple fretboards but the pickup configuration, fast neck and cheap price tag I don't think you can go wrong. If you are like me you don't have all the money in the world and have to work with what you can but you will not have to "Live with" anything. I have done the shopping around for you and in this price rang nothing is better. I have chosen this thing over jacksons Fender and other more pricy ltds yes I am plaining to up grad the pick ups but that's just me you might like the ones that come in it. If any thing ever happens to this guitar I would have to get another if I had a extra 2000 dollars I would probly get the mII with a maple neck but I will most likly not.

I have used this thing in the studio, live, practice, jaming with radom friends, practicing at the house for the last 3 mounths it has mad me forget about all my other guitars I would say every thing on it is going to last. The strap buttons are a pluse I usally buy strap locks when I buy any guitar and this time didn't plaining to do it in time and have played shows since and to be honest they don't need them as long as you have a good strap. I use a Dunlop it has really stiff leather

From the box all that I really had to do was get it set up for 10s as opposed to the 9s that came on it. And in the 3 months only one problem came up it had a wee bit of buzz on the 6th fret after about a mounth but I hadn't bought a case for it at the time and I belive the studio it spent a day at with me was insainly too cold the guy loved his air condioning but since then I haven't played another guitar and it hasn't faltered a bit.

This guitar is the 2008 model with 24 frets on a maple fretboard. It is an amazing guitar for 250 I bought it about 3 monthes with the intentions of using it as a back up to my mh-100qm, I also wanted to try a maple neck and the hum-sin-sin pickup configuration didn't Hurt. I am also a sucker for 80s looking guitars and a simple black with crome hardware is right up my ally. Now it's my main the ESP locking trem is great if you don't use the arm you wouldn't even need to lock the strings down. the pickups are a down side you can really see how ESP can offer a guitar with so much for just 250 through a good amp they arnt as bad but when I play it using my creat that I have had for years it comes up short. but for about an extra few hundred bucks this guitar will kick ass.

AGowans
    snehasishsnl
    pxr5
    Za wrote: ESP sells awesome guitars,there s no doubt'bout this,BUT to buy a great ESP u have to focus on "400" series....a lower one is not that good guitar,if u consider u will have to change your pickups with some EMGs or duncans
    Great advice, lets all just go out and buy the most expensive and best sounding guitars on the planet and be boring. Mines bigger and better thn yours, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not, yes it is, no its not....
    UltimateDud
    Have you played one?
    im not emo
    it look like a good guitar. Im about 2 get an ESPLTDV-200! It looks so cool. u can check it out on bmusic.com.au
    Ananth22by7
    snehasishsnl wrote: can any body tell me dt i m beganier nd jst try to buy a electric guitar.i want to play blues na also metal so i jst prefered to buy to guitar one is shector omen 6 extreme nd another is esp ltd mh -53.so which one is betere pls will write abt their pick up also?????
    Go to the forums and ask your question. You'll find a better reply there and people will actually be interested. The comments section is for commenting about the article, not your own little personal queries.
    MitchellJBurges
    Deffinately a very good guitar, had it for a year and a bit more now, it's very impressive, the volume knob was a little loose at first which basically stuffed up the wires inside it. But I took it into the guitar shop and they replaced it all for me and now it works without a problem. Deffinately a trustworthy guitar.
    Raxmole
    go to my profile to see a really cool artistic photo i took of this guitar !!
    Raxmole
    i have one ! and i will just say i love it ! -awesome sound, very awesome action, great tremolo ! and as jimi hendrix said "the tone lies within the fingers" so its no use having a super mega les paul when you cant play shit !! soo this guitar is enough for me !! if used by the right hands it can melt your face ! anything from metallica to blues and amazing clean tones with the neck pickup ! YUMMY !!!! recommended for anyone !!!! and btw aestethically its one sexy b**ch !! i love it !!!!
    kaizerkhan13
    The^Unforgiven wrote: This guitar is crazy good for the value. Been thinking on getting this as a back-up, but does anyone have any opinion on the tremolo? Is it agonizingly horrible or can it be rocked the sh*t out of at ease?
    like i said int he review man, you can rock the shit out of the tremolo with no problems. itd be one hell of a backup guitar.
    The^Unforgiven
    kaizerkhan13
    well, i feel like an ass. just posted a review of one of these cuz i didnt think any existed. lol
    pxr5
    btw wasted-years thanks for the excellent review, the only one i can find anywhere for this guitar, you sound like you know your stuff too. cheers bro.
    pxr5
    ibanez_guru wrote: is definately no ibanez!!!
    and you're definately not someone i would ever wanna meet, for your own safety.
    pxr5
    Why are people buying this guitar and saying its not as good as an ibanez? or buying this guitar and then spending money on better pickups? why dont you just go and buy an ibanez with good pickups? why buy a guitar that you dont want then moan like a bitch that it doesnt say ibanez on the head? are you a complete numbskull or do you just like making life as awkward as possible and ramming the internet with your stupid boring pointless drivel?
    pxr5
    UltimateDud wrote: AGowans wrote: Christ it's really hard to take people seriously when they start throwing 10's and 9's at $250 guitars. Have you played one?
    The only thing he could play is cinderella.
    .esp.rock.
    Sounds like a mad guitar, I have an LTD M-50 and i must say, ESP know how to make an awesome guitar for such a low price. The quality of their stuff makes me want to buy another but i'd rather a Jackson RR. Problem being I wont have the money for a long time. Maybe someday anyway.... someday...
    pxr5
    Do you always go around talking out of your arse?
    pxr5
    alternatex wrote: what idiot posted an ESP LTD MH-103 picture for the new ESP LTD MH-53? -.-
    eh? it is an MH-53 you prick. the MH-103 is blue. I have to say ive never read so much crap from people on these forums who have got no brains at all. I bet their guitar playing (pfft) is as laughable as there comments.
    wasted-years
    Blasphemylol wrote: If an ESP horison is a perfect 10, this can't be near a 9, maybe value for money. This looks better than an entry level RR Jackson though. Get some Seymor Duncan's for this axe and it should be insane!
    10 steps ahead of you on tomarrow im hoping my guitar guy has nothing to do there is a duncan custom and lil screaming demon calling my name
    ZaÐ
    ohhh yeah
    Blasphemylol
    UltimateDud
    ESP LTD EC-50. Pickups - Pretty good for how much I payed Fret Board - Oh my god, it is the most beautiful thing I've ever played Look - Nice gibson rip off with a cute little sunburst c:
    ShadesOfNight
    i reckon maple fretboards are a lot better than rosewood. a lot of guitarists have argued different, but it just feels nicer to play, smoother. i know its not quite ebony lol, but i prefer it to rosewood
    Bebbo
    I have a MH-50 and i can say that now im feeling remorse.
    Blas3
    This is sweet I'm looking for another axe for a brother for my Viper-50 But I want a white one, with the specs of this
    Ananth22by7
    About the last review, how can a person with only one year of experience deem himself to be qualified enough to post a serious guitar review on a website where people go to for serious reviews? How can one trust this fellow's judgement, no matter how "detailed" his review seems? This is nonsense.