LTD MH-53 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-53

Purchased from: C+M Music

I play death metal, hardcore and I write some clean stuff. I'm using a Johnson Reptone 15w amp (new one soon) and no effects. The bridge pickup sounds amazing distorted, and the neck p/u is beautiful on clean. But try to have the neck p/u distorted and you'll ge a real muddy sound. Other than this problem, it sounds great. I can play blues, clean ambient stuff or just straight up metal, anything I want.

I love everything about this guitar. I bought it to follow in the steps of John K, from The Black Dahlia Murder... two days before he left The Black Dahlia Murder. =[ Anyway, I play their songs and less heavy stuff, like August Burns Red and such. No matter what, this thing feels and sounds great. I've never felt better about spending my money. I only wish I'd had more exp. with the Floyd bridge, but it's easy to learn. If it were stolen, I'd find the dude and use my Starcaster to beat HIM senseless. If I lost it, I'd buy another one or go for a more upsclae model. I compared it to Ibanez's in the same price range and up to $500 (I already knew I wanted an Ibanez or an ESP) and I've gotta say I'm only buying ESP's from now on. Metal beginners, buy this.

I'm a bedroom rocker, but I throw my guitar around and headbang like I'm in an arena. Anyway, this thing stands up to that perfectly. I can hold this thign up by the tremolo arm alone and I still haven't fallen out of tune. I would defnitely use this without a backup guitar at a gig. This finish is built to take a beating.

The action and set-up wa sperfect. After having it adjusted to play in C Standard (I'd never had a Floyd before, didn't know how easy it was) it felt even beter. The finish is way durable, the guys at the store dropped it and where there should be a chip is a dimple, with the paint intact. Good stuff.

I'm pretty sure this guitar was made in China in 2008. it's got 24 jumbo frets on a smooth as silk maple neck and fingerboard. It's got a basswood body with a glossy black finish. The Floyd Rose on it is great, I abuse this thing and I've never dropped out of tune. it's got stock ESP pickups (HSS), and it came on it's own. For this price, I defnitely feel like I got my money's worth.