LTD MH-53 review by ESP

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
ESP: LTD MH-53

Price paid: C$ 280

Purchased from: LA MUSIC

I really like the sound of the guitar through my amp, which is a Peavey Vypyr 15. The pickups only buzz when you select the single coils but that's just the way it is with them and distortion, the dual humbucker has no buzz when your not playing. It has a very bright sound when I play it clean and set it to the neck pick up, very impressed by that. Now for distortion I gotta say that the lows tends to get muddy for anything below Drop D and I wish the highs were alot more squeely, but so far its competant for the tunings I've tried. But I'm not sure if its the amp or guitar at fault mostly though. The floyd is good and versatile, I don't use it too often so I guess its competant. It stays in tune for a while b4 it starts to slip so that's a big plus. Because of the lack of diversity in the music I play, I can't say much for it, but it emulates the Alexisonfire and dir en grey sound well so it does what I want it to do. Try having a listen to waterwings by AOF and kodou dir en grey its got those tones.

Overall its a very good cheap guitar. I'm using it to learn how to play guitar, the actiom being high has made it a bit harder, but in a way it helps increase ur finger strength sort of. The tones are decent for the price and quite possibly the best for its price. If it were stolen I wouldn't really get this one again, I'd probably save up for a better model like the MH 200 or 250 instead. I compared this one to alot of other guitars, but the features on this one are plentiful. Its a good cheap way of learning and getting to know how a guitar works.

Its alright. A few dings n bumps haven't taken the finish off of it. Some parts are scratched up but since its black its very hard to tell. It seems like it has a life span of 3-5 years from what I can tell. It should be able to hold up to alot of falls but it might give the Floyd Rose a massive knocking around. So I'd say best be careful not to drop it too much.

The actual hardware itself. Its decent, pickups are alright the sound isn't the best, from what I can describe it sounds very trebly and "harsh" I guess. Pinch harmonics sound awesome on this thing. The action was fine too. It came in a good state from the factory I assume since at the store it was alright and I could play it comfortably.

I will rate this guitar relative to a guitar bought at around 300 and how I feel if its worth it or not. Though I will try and be objective as well. Alright first off I've only been playing guitar for a year and this is my first guitar and this is my first review. Ok soo onto the guitar specs. Its a low end ESP LTD and made in China in 2008 Bolt-On 25.5 Scale Basswood Body Maple Top Maple Neck Maple Fingerboard Locking Nut 42mm Neck Width Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Chrome Hardware ESP Tuners Floyd Rose Special Bridge. pick-ups: ESP LH-150 (Bridge) / LS-120 (N&M) p.u. ALL PASSIVE. 5-way selector 1 volume and 1 tone knob. Finish: Black body and i guess the neck is just what the wood's color is lol. I got a bag with it for $20, not a hard one, just a regular bag. Ok soo they say FR Special Bridge, they just mean its licensed design, its built by ESP itself. The body color is a really nice dark black along with chrome hardware, though the bridge has a slightly darker color than the knobs. When I polish it up it especially looks great together. Though the finish tends to have almost EVERY single finger print on it to be visible all the time which sucks because it makes me need to wipe them off it EVERYTIME or else it looks retarded. The top though looks like cheap paint I don't know why... It just doesn't look like the top was finished with the same shade of black and this was for all the ones I saw at the store.