LTD MH-53 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MH-53

Price paid: A$ 705

Purchased from: Musos Corner Newcastle

The guitar deffinately suits Metal music, very low action if the tremolo is properly set up. I use a basic DigiTech Multi Effects pedal with it and it sounds awesome. The guitar works very well with most tricks. Tapping, sweeping, pinch harmonics etc the distortion is beautiful running through the guitar, the tone and pickups change the sound very very well.

I play Metal music, it deffinately very well suits it. I have been playing for 5 years. If it were stolen or lost I wouldn't buy the same guitar as a replacement but only because I can afford guitar more expensive and better quality. I love that it is so versitile and easy to take places, it also is very durable as long as your willing to take it into a guitar shop possibly. I wish it had better pickups though.

It deffinately feels very durable, it has lasted me 2 years now and it's very very alike how it was the day I bought it. If not, better. The strap locks are very solid, if they loosen they are easily fixed, I depend on it quite allot, strings don't break often at all. Conidering it has a floyde rose it is expected to have broken strings often so that would mean yes, I would use a backup guitar in a gig. The finish is still very very good.

It wasn't set up that well for me, but once I fixed it up it worked very well, the pickups where put on very well, no problems yet. The only flaws I found where after a few years the connection from the volume knob to the input broke, which I took to the guitar shop and they where quickly able to fix it. Also a bit of a loose volume knob. Though it's now fixed.

Of what I know this guitar was made in 2007. Made in China, designed no idea where. It has 24 frets. The body is a normal MH shape, the Bridge is a Floyde Rose, there is one volume nob, one tone nob and a 4 way pickup selecter. Pickups are just esp's as defults. Locking nut and normal metal tuners.