LTD MV-200 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MV-200

This guitar was the answer to my prayers! I play metal, hard-rock, emo, contemporary christian, and it does wonders for all of them. I play it through a Damage Control Solid Metal Pedal(I have a review of it also on here)going to a Randall 212SC 100W Combo. It sounds amazing. I can get pinch harmonics really easy on it all the way to like the 15th fret on most strings. It's pretty quiet compared to most guitars, it does'nt really give me a problem unless I'm next to a computer. This guitar is great for lead, rhythm, solos, everything. It's a bolt on neck, but it gives me loads of sustain (not Les Paul sustain, but you get the idea).

I love this guitar, if it were stolen, I'd sit down and cry, then I'd go kick that theifs anus and take it back. Or just kill him. I've been playing for 2 years and this is one of the best guitars I've played so far. I love the EMG's and the neck. It plays so fast. If I could change one thing I'd want a Floyd Rose on it to do some cool feedback manipulation and natural harmonic squeals and stuff, but I'm content.

I haven't played Live w/ it yet, but my band practices a lot and I've played it three hours straight before and the battery never ran out, I never lost tone, nothing, so I'm not scared to take it on stage. I put staplocks on it to add to the safety factor because I move around a lot. The finish looks great, it only has one scratch and that was my fault. I can depend on the guitar, but I will always play w/a backup.

Factory set-up, I have no idea, but I always set my guitar up the way I like it anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered. I have the action right where I want it, which is great because w/ my Washburn I had a problem doing that. The pickups are awesome, they give me a really great sound. I've had no problems w/ this guitar so far, but I've only had it for 3 months. My buddy said it never pissed him off, so, I trust him.

I don't know what year it was made for sure, maybe 2000-2003 area. I also don't know where it was made, but I'm sure it was made wherever LTD guitars are made. I got a PSP, and one of my buddies I jam w/ offered me the guitar for the PSP (he has a Schecter in case you were wondering if he was mental)so I did w/out much thought and I'm glad I did. I had a Washburn at the time, and it was good, just not what I wanted really. Anyway, about this beauty. 24 medium-jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard binded to a beautiful maple neck. The body is Mohagany and it has a flame-maple top stained this awesome purple color. It's got a Strat body style mainly. Tune-O-Matic bridge, string-thru body. Active EMG's. A 81 in the bridge and a single-coil in the neck. 1 Volume, 1 tone, 3-way switch. Sperzel locking tuners. It didn't come with them but my friend put them on. Oh, all the hardware is black.

CraigKing
    "I've played it three hours straight before and the battery never ran out" Theirs a few problems, unless its totally custom 1. You don't get EMGs in LTDs before the 400 series 2. AFAIK you dont get EMG-HZs in before the 300 series 3. EMG-HZs are passive 4. A decent battery will last for around 6 months but ehm, thats really confused me, where did the EMG come from? the one on the pick is probably a LH-100 maybe LH-200, but certainly not an EMG?
    pirate_shanty
    i have this guitar and it i asked esp for the specs and it is in a league with the esp deluxes and standards. And craigking they do do this model with emgs its the mv-300. the mv-200 comes with seymour duncans (humbucker and hotrail) or mine did fresh from my music shop. the best 200 quid ever.. best esp ive played ever. really rare aswell. worth way more than a psp.
    CraigKing
    Ah, okay, thats interesting to know, oh btw i didnt mean to sound condencending to the reviewer, i generally was curious lol. Thanks pirate.
    jumpmanhat
    sounds like a KILLER guitar, good job!
    Primus12
    Don't mean to ruin it for you dude, but "It plays so fast" .. What is that supposed to mean ? The guitar doesn't play fast, you do ! And, you don't need a Floyd rose to manipulate things, even a basic tremelo will do that, same with the natural harmonics. If you do get a floyd rose, make sure its one with a double locking system, otherwise it will be outta tune before you know it.
    walls_bleed
    What i mean by it plays fast is just another term for saying that the fingerboard is smooth and it's easy to slide and whatnot. It's also super-easy to fret. That's what i meant buddy.
    1. You don't get EMGs in LTDs before the 400 series
    Well, you may be right, but my LTD has EMG's in it buddy. Like i said, i did'nt buy it, i got it second hand, but my friend said it came like that.
    DeathByStereo23
    seek_&_destroy wrote: ltds are made in korea but i've never seen/heard of this model before...
    kevin cameron of IKTPQ used one of these...
    ltdtime
    I have a LTD MV-100, and it has a small bit of feed back when i use it on my line6 spider3 75. When i would plug my LTD Viper in it goes away. The reason i ask, is because i don't know hardly anything about this guitar. I know it's not a high end guitar but, has anyone else had this problem or any others with this guitar.
    solo_freak
    yesterday while I was looking through some shops I managed to find a vintage esp mv(real esp, not ltd) with a Floyd for 800 euros, needless to say I'm going to buy it as soon as I can
    jtbull
    I jammed some of these and most i have played sound just about as good, but lots cheaper, than the esps I jammed at the same shop
    trivium 666
    hey primus12 my ibanez grg270 has a floyd rose double locking system email me 4 more info moshpitmaster@hotmail.co.uk
    trivium 666
    looks shit but..... its an ltd so.... it must play nice, not as good as my 2 b.c. rich warlocks, my jackson shark fin and my ibanez grg270 yeah