LTD MV-200 review by ESP

ESP: LTD MV-200

I play mainly hard rock and metal, and this guitar (like most other ESP's) is definitely made for metal. I play it through a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 half stack and it sounds amazing. This guitar is great for playing lead, but I use it mainly for rhythm and it still sounds great.

Playing mainly metal, I would say this guitar is excellent for that genre, but don't expect it to play the blues or jazz really well (this is an ESP after all). If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely go gt another one if I could find one because ESP doesn't manufacture these anymore. Anyone Who is looking for something new should definitely pick up this guitar if you have a love for metal. Trust me, you'll appreciate it.

This guitar will definitely last you a while. I have had this guitar for about 3 and a half years now, and it still looks great. I dropped it once by mistake because the strap wasn't on properly, but it still plays fine. I would definitely recommend this for gigging as it won't fail you in the middle of a show, but you will probably have to tune it every few songs.

I haven't really had too many problems in this category, and it sounds pretty good for a factory set-up. You might want to check the tuners though, because in the first week I had mine, one of them became loose. The jack for the input went out of place pretty fast too, and it seems to be a recurring problem. Another thing I have noticed is that it goes out of tune really quickly, so I am thinking about getting that checked out, as well as the problem with the jack. But overall, it's pretty good.

I am pretty sure this guitar was made in Korea, but not 100% sure when. This guitar has 24 medium jumbo frets, while the body is a superstrat style made of mahogany with a beautiful flame maple top and has a deep blue color, at least on mine. The body is a string-thru, and has a Tune-O-Matic bridge. It has a Seymour Duncans for the pickups (not sure which though), black hardware, and a pointy headstock. Bolt-on neck.