LTD SC-207 review by ESP

ESP: LTD SC-207

Purchased from: Ultimate Guitar

Some people would say this kind of specs are cheap specs or whatever they can say, but on my personal opinion it doesn't really feel like basswood since the sound is heavy. This guitar really suits the kind of music I play which is KoRn, Divine Heresy and Suicide Silence. This guitar can have a wide range of tones from jazz cleans to brutal low tuning crunch. Although this guitar came with ESP pickups, it is perfectly fine and its a very quiet pickup unlike other brands that use stock pickups, it sounds abit like EMG's but obviously EMG's are better. Right now I'm running my guitar with a Roland Microcube and a Boss Metalcore pedal and honestly it sound very brutal but the sound can improved if I had an Equalizer.

Overall I didn't regret buying this guitar, because the songs I play are seriously hardcore. This is my first 7 string after 3 years of playing and now I feel somehow gay playing the 6 string since I'm already used to the 7 string neck. If anyone were to steal my guitar I would f--king nuke his hometown. I love everything about this guitar it's black finish and brutal Horizon shape suits the kind of music I play. Well the only thing is I wish this guitar came with locking tuners cause changing the strings for a 7 string is a pain in the ass.

If I would take this guitar for a metal performance I would not bring any backup since this guitar is very reliable. Judging by the hardware I think it will last since it's very shiny. The strap buttons are as hard as a rock, when I put on my strap it's nearly impossible to take it out.

Well the setup for the guitar was absolutely perfect, there was no string buzzing. The pickups were adjusted quite high so I had to adjust it again but its not a big deal. The guitar was flawless, no damage, no scratches, no nothing. Fret access on the guitar is no problem, even getting to the 24th fret. The action on the guitar is low, it practically plays itself.

Well this guitar came in fresh on Friday and I bought it on the same day, this guitar has 24 XJ frets, 25.5" neck scale and a thin U neck contour. It features a Rosewood fingerboard Basswood body and a string through tune-o-matic bridge. The model I bought came with the passive Japan made ESP pickups which sounds familiar with EMG's. And mine came with an ESP hardcase.