LTD Truckster review by ESP

ESP: LTD Truckster

Purchased from: Sam Ash

This guitar sounds amazing. This is such a satisfying guitar to play, the neck is perfect and feels like silk. The tone is unbeatable as well. If your not a fan of EMG pickups then this is not the guitar for you. The bridge pickup (EMG 81) has a very brilliant sound to it when it's clean, and screams and wails when it's distorted. It really shines with distortion though, sometimes I've found it to sound a bit too weak when it's clean. The EMG's have a clarity unlike any other pickup, even when strumming full chords with distortion the single notes are still distinct. The EMG 60 in the neck position is decent with distortion but have a very warm voicing when it's used with a clean tone. All in all I had no complaints from the pickups. They have no buzz and sound amazing!

This guitar is a tank. I beat the daylight out of it traveling and gigging and this guitar has held up beautifully. I have never regretted buying this guitar, it was worth every penny I paid for it. I looked for a long time and at every major brand to find my perfect rhythm guitar and this was it. It is a no frills heavy metal guitar! If you aren't too fond of the finish, or aren't a Metallica fan I would recommend the LTD EC-1000 instead. It has all the same features just about and is a bit cheaper, selling for around $800. Overall this is the best guitar I have ever owned. I wouldn't have to think twice about replacing it if something ever happened to it. I would strongly recommend this guitar to anyone looking to purchase it!

This guitar is a tank. I beat the daylight out of it traveling and gigging and this guitar has held up beautifully. After months of constant gigging I have never had any problems with any of the hardware or wiring of the guitar. The finish is already beat up looking so even if you do manage to knick it up nobody will ever be able to tell which is a bonus in my opinion. I have a Dean Razorback as a backup guitar, and it has never seen a show yet. The Truckster has never failed once on me. The only thing that you need to remember is to change the battery for the pickups every few months.

The action was almost perfect when it came out of the box. I had a slight buzz on the low E string which was easily fixed with a tiny truss rod adjustment. The finish, hardware, and wiring were all flawless. The finish to this guitar is very unique though, you will either love it or hate it. Other than the slight buzz everything was perfect on this guitar right out of the box.

I have a 2006 LTD Truckster and it lives up to its Legacy as James Hetfields signature guitar. It comes out of the box with plenty of goodies like locking tuners, strap locks, and an EMG 81/60 active pickup set. It has 22 frets and plays beautifully. There are 2 volume knobs, 1 tone knob, and a 3 way pickup selector. It is basically a Les Paul Copy modified specifically for hard rock/metal.