LTD Truckster review by ESP

ESP: LTD Truckster

It surely suits metal, blues and all other heavy genres too. I play it through a Vox AD15VT and it has wicked tone. As I said it can cover all your heavy tones from zeppelin hard rock to maiden Metallica thrash and heavy metal. If I had a Marshall tube combo or head+cab then the emg's would really be unleashed but they still sound wicked awesome from the Vox.

I play mostly heavy stuff like Metallica and Megadeth and this axe covers it all. If it were stolen I might buy another one, they are quite expensive new. I love everything about this axe. The tone, the colours, the ability to stay in tune for an eternity, just perfect. The only thing I wish it had was for the top pickup selector switches between active and passive, that'd be super awesome.

The truckster is very sturdy. I've hit it on table corners and can barely notice a ding. But anyway, the truckster is meant to be dinged to look badass! The finish is awesome. You can actually sand it down even more to get the colours you want in the axe. Very creative.

it came up fairly out of tune but that was rectify quick. The pickups were adjusted fine but the battery was kinda almost dead but that was also rectify. It came all setup and ready to play. The strings were awesome but I have no clue what brand they are. I've had the axe for a super long time and they haven't dulled yet. I play it so much I thought they'd be changed by now but they are still as bright as from the day I bought them.

My truckster was Brand New and made in Korea. It has 22 frets with a very comfortable thin, shaved neck. It has a rosewood fretboard which is sweet to play. The body is made of mahogany and it comes in a very special finish. it is painted black then white then red and then sanded down to match James Hetfield's original truckster axe, in my opinion it looks awesome. It comes with sperzel locking machine heads and a tonepros locking bridge. It comes loaded with the active emg 81/60 pickup combo which absolutely scream. It has a volume knob for each pickup, tone knob, a pickup selector at the knobs and a pickup selector swtich at the top which is inactive (this emulates James' original axe).