LTD V-200 review by ESP

ESP: LTD V-200

Price paid: C$ 449

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

This is the third guitar I've owned. Before going to the store to buy it I looked for some reviews on UG and found none, so I thought I'd try it myself before buying it. I tried it, and I must stay it's absolutely amazing. I play through a Roland Cube 60X, this guitar has never let me down. I never recall hearing any noise from it ever, not in the least. The three knobs give better overall control of the Tone. I play anything from Rock to Melodic Death Metal to Bluesy kind of stuff, and I must say this guitar does it's job.

For a Metal guitar, I can't recommend anything better with that budget. It's very versatile, matches several styles and tastes aswell. I've been playing guitar for about five years now, I have a Fender Stratocaster and a Gibson Lespaul, and this guitar is by far my favorite. The only reproach I can make the fact that it is hard to play it while sitting down. If it got stolen I would definitely buy it again. I compared this guitar to the Jackson RR-30 and to a Washburn V which I can't recall the name, and this one beat them both.

This guitar can last very long, only if properly handled. Hardware seems fine, but the guitar itself feels very light, and a bit fragile. Of course, I can depend on it solely in a gig without backup, given that I won't be throwing it around. Finish is thick enough to last ages, and does not wear off easily, and the chrome is bright enough to Hurt the eyes.

I don't know how the guitar was set-up at the factory, since I got it set up by a professional the day I bought it. Pickups were positioned accurately. I can't really see any flaws in this guitar, although I don't like Dot inlays very much. The solid glossy black finish is also great and shiny enough. Like most V-shaped guitars you need a proper long strap.

It's a solid-body with a very solid glossy black finish. It's a V shaped guitar (Mustaine style) with sharp edges, with a basswood body and a tune-o-matic string-thru body bridge. It has 24 Jumpo frets and a Rosewood fretboard, and comes with two passive ESP Humbucker pickups.

ThanosTheRiffer
    amazing guitar ,i own one and i think its great
    guitargod...not
    thanks man it was a toss up between this and a jackson DKMGT but all jacksons are going up in price now so im gunna get dis
    nightslayer
    finaly! a review for this guitar! ive been eyeballing this guitar lately, and was wondering if i could get a beter metal guitar for cheaper. but after i read this review, i doubt i can now. now i gotta save up the money for one ;D
    destöroyah
    Saikotron
    Does anyone have any comments on the upcoming esp v-50? i was contemplating buying one but i don't have any experience buying guitars.
    ciadude2
    It's an okay guitar. I own one but I don't like the pickups and lack the cash or desire to replace them.
    rohanclassic
    ThanosTheRiffer wrote: amazing guitar ,i own one and i think its great what is the sustain like? i'm thinking of buying one of these and flipping it round to be lefty..... i think its very good for a not neck thru design guitar ,and for its price range of course
    Joe satriani and Steve vai.. whom we call GODS of sustain, they both use guitars with BOLT-ON neck... So i dont think the sustain depends upon the guitar is neck through or bolt-on...
    jjfeu662
    That's a high rating. Is it a bunch of noobs that voted or is it really that good?