LTD V-200 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

ESP: LTD V-200
 9.1
 9.1
 4,554
review (1) 12 comments vote for this gear:
LTD V-200 Reviewed by: Darkshade666, on november 15, 2012

Price paid: C$ 449

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

Features: It's a solid-body with a very solid glossy black finish. It's a V shaped guitar (Mustaine style) with sharp edges, with a basswood body and a tune-o-matic string-thru body bridge. It has 24 Jumpo frets and a Rosewood fretboard, and comes with two passive ESP Humbucker pickups. // 9

Sound: This is the third guitar I've owned. Before going to the store to buy it I looked for some reviews on UG and found none, so I thought I'd try it myself before buying it. I tried it, and I must stay it's absolutely amazing. I play through a Roland Cube 60X, this guitar has never let me down. I never recall hearing any noise from it ever, not in the least. The three knobs give better overall control of the Tone. I play anything from Rock to Melodic Death Metal to Bluesy kind of stuff, and I must say this guitar does it's job. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know how the guitar was set-up at the factory, since I got it set up by a professional the day I bought it. Pickups were positioned accurately. I can't really see any flaws in this guitar, although I don't like Dot inlays very much. The solid glossy black finish is also great and shiny enough. Like most V-shaped guitars you need a proper long strap. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can last very long, only if properly handled. Hardware seems fine, but the guitar itself feels very light, and a bit fragile. Of course, I can depend on it solely in a gig without backup, given that I won't be throwing it around. Finish is thick enough to last ages, and does not wear off easily, and the chrome is bright enough to Hurt the eyes. // 7

Overall Impression: For a Metal guitar, I can't recommend anything better with that budget. It's very versatile, matches several styles and tastes aswell. I've been playing guitar for about five years now, I have a Fender Stratocaster and a Gibson Lespaul, and this guitar is by far my favorite. The only reproach I can make the fact that it is hard to play it while sitting down. If it got stolen I would definitely buy it again. I compared this guitar to the Jackson RR-30 and to a Washburn V which I can't recall the name, and this one beat them both. // 10

Comments