LTD V-401DX review by ESP

ESP: LTD V-401DX

Purchased from: internet

My music style is sort of all over the place I have a Fender usa Standard which is the best and most fun to play but it lacks a bit in the metal department, this guitar can cover that but not much else even at low volumes and gain level it carries a very sharp high end and a very low bass thud of low string I think if you a heavy metal purist you would be happy generally a couple of thing needs intonation adjustment small amount of fret buzz and I'm not entirely happy with the finishing done of the neck fells a bit rough and makes it difficult for string bending at time but little hassles aside I generally good sound I got even out of my crappy little Marshall mg 15 amp yet to try it on my Egnater but should be interesting.

I think some one using a beginner guitar would appreciate this instrument much more than myself but from my perspective its good but not great, road worthy but it defiantly wouldn't be my number one guitar.

No problems and nothing to say about it as yet.

As I said before action and set up need some work from the factory but don't expect miracles from a intermediate price guitar but I can tell the wood is of good grade the tonal and sustain is very good and for a relatively small chunk of wood it has some serious weight behind it. In terms of looks and style you can't get much cooler than a Flying V especially one with flamed maple satin black finish killer.

Guitar has a bit of a strange set up you basic heavy metal machine with: - Floyd Rose dual locking bridge - rosewood fingerboard - 24xj frets - 12 to 14inch radius i think - mahogany body - flamed maple top - maple neck And heres the strange one it has both a EMG 81 in the neck and the Bridge interesting but cant help but feel a lack of tonal diversity but still a good set up for the price lots of high end equipment on it.