LTD V-401FM review by ESP

ESP: LTD V-401FM

Purchased from: Maars Music

This suits my playing and music style very well I mostly play thrash metal so think Megadeth, Exodus all that lovely stuff I also play stuff from Dream Theatre, Rush, Guns N' Roses etc this can do it all. I use this with a Peavey Bandit 112 and once in a Blue Moon run a tube screamer and sounds great to me and my bandmates enjoy it alot.

Great guitar if you play metal but great to play all around and it fits perfect on the legs when playing sitting down if it was stolen I would buy another one maybe in black. I compared this to the Dean VMNT Dave Mustaine Flying V and I liked this one better.

I will be using this guitar live soon but it well hold up to playing live and I always have a back up because you never know what will happen the finish is great but its a little darker in real life then the images on the ESP website. Still looks great with the flame maple top this thing is a beauty.

The guitar when I got it delivered from the ESP dealership was setup pretty well action was a tad high and the factory strings were okay at best changed those everything is great now. Properly routed bridge I haven't notice any flaws its perfect and with the money.

Made in 2011 in Korea but don't let that fool you it is built like a tank. Features of the guitar are as follows: - Set-Thru Construction - 25.5" Scale - Mahogany Body - Flamed Maple Top - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 42mm Standard Nut - Thin U Neck Contour - 24 XJ Frets - Black Nickel Hardware - Grover Tuners - TOM Bridge - EMG 81 in both neck and bridge - Bridge Volume - Neck Volume - 3-Way Toggle - Master Tone

Linkerman
    jesse1994 wrote: LTD makes really good entrylevel set neck guitars
    This isn't exactly an entry-level guitar... More like mid range (maybe upper mid range).
    Heideck
    tume
    Heideck wrote: The exact same pick at the neck and the bridge???? you sure that one of them isn't an emg 85?
    Yes, It has emg 81 on the bridge and on the neck position.
    COREYTAYLOR721
    that is strange however i looked it up: Bridge EMG 81 (B & N) so there u go. how does it sound, because the varied distance would slighty change the sound anyway?