LTD V-401FM Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/16/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

ESP: LTD V-401FM
Great guitar if you play metal but great to play all around. This suits my playing and music style very well.
 8.5
 9.6
 7.3
 4,485
review (1) pictures (3) 7 comments vote for this gear:
LTD V-401FM Reviewed by: Jim_Dunlop User, on november 16, 2012

Purchased from: Maars Music

Features: Made in 2011 in Korea but don't let that fool you it is built like a tank. Features of the guitar are as follows: - Set-Thru Construction - 25.5" Scale - Mahogany Body - Flamed Maple Top - Maple Neck - Rosewood Fingerboard - 42mm Standard Nut - Thin U Neck Contour - 24 XJ Frets - Black Nickel Hardware - Grover Tuners - TOM Bridge - EMG 81 in both neck and bridge - Bridge Volume - Neck Volume - 3-Way Toggle - Master Tone // 10

Sound: This suits my playing and music style very well I mostly play thrash metal so think Megadeth, Exodus all that lovely stuff I also play stuff from Dream Theatre, Rush, Guns N' Roses etc this can do it all. I use this with a Peavey Bandit 112 and once in a Blue Moon run a tube screamer and sounds great to me and my bandmates enjoy it alot. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar when I got it delivered from the ESP dealership was setup pretty well action was a tad high and the factory strings were okay at best changed those everything is great now. Properly routed bridge I haven't notice any flaws its perfect and with the money. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I will be using this guitar live soon but it well hold up to playing live and I always have a back up because you never know what will happen the finish is great but its a little darker in real life then the images on the ESP website. Still looks great with the flame maple top this thing is a beauty. // 9

Overall Impression: Great guitar if you play metal but great to play all around and it fits perfect on the legs when playing sitting down if it was stolen I would buy another one maybe in black. I compared this to the Dean VMNT Dave Mustaine Flying V and I liked this one better. // 10

Comments