LTD V-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD V-50

I played through a Peavey Vypyr 15W and it eventually got a good and very metal sound. It was quite noisy when I first started but I switched to gold cables and the fuzz went away. Even with not so great pickups, it still can roar through a distortion pedal (DOD Death Metal Distortion). Pretty good sound overall. Can have clear highs, chrunchy lows, you name it. Stock, this guitar can handle most anything.

Overall, this guitar isn't too bad, and is excellent for a beginner. I've played two years, this was the first "real" guitar I got. I play all kinds of metal; from the "oh my God how is this music" genres to the softer sides of metal, and a little bit of classics and jazzy bits. Good match for me at least but I need to show it some love. If it was stolen/lost I would replace moreso for sentimental reasons. I want to get this guitar into shape so when I have the cash I definitely want to work on it some more. It's a nice little V. Love the look of it, hate that stupid jack and the too big frets. Smaller frets on this and it would definitely be highly esteemed by me.

This guitar is pretty solid. There was a couple issues I experienced with it, however. Like I had said, when I would downtune, because of fret size notes wouldn't be played right. I don't press down too hard when I play but I'm not light on them. If the frets were smaller this issue wouldn't occur. Another problem I had was with the input jack. Something is wrong with it and it can barely hold a cable so I have to wrap my strap around the leg of the guitar and the cable to help hold it in there, even when just nonchalantly sitting and playing.

Everything about this guitar was set up right... For standard tuning. For me the action needs adjusting because of the fret size interferring with my playing in low tunings. In standard though it performs quite well. Pickups were adjusted well and I have't found any flaws in the paint that I didn't accidently cause my self.

Purchased from a guitar center in 2011. Made in China. Has 24 X-Jumbo frets on an ebony fretboard. Neck is an Ultra thin countour (really fast) on a 24.5" scale 4 screw mounted onto a basswood body. Glossed neck for extra fast playability. Two passive humbucking pickups, a good medium output. Tune-o-matic brige. Tuning low (C, B, and lower) made the frets close to the nut not defined because of how large the frets were. Wasn't brought in for a set-up so I'm sure that problem could be fixed. Volume, tone, and 3-way selector for controls. Non-locking tuners.

Mangesh Kamble
    Well, I just got ESP LTD V-50 electric guitar 3 days ago. I'm from India and i bought it from bajaao.com. I have the Snow White Color. I really love this guitar and i only play METAL. It has 2 LH-150 pickups, awesome sound and i play this guitar through Line 6 Spider IV 15 watt Amp.. This guitar is of the LTD series and so it is cheap and nice starting guitar for the guys who love to play METAL.