LTD V-500 review by ESP

ESP: LTD V-500

Purchased from: Russo's Guitar Center

I play all kinds of music. But my main styles of music are metal and Hard rock. This suits my musical style very well. I am playing with a Peavey XXL solid state head on a Behringer cab(Dont worry it is loaded with Eminance Red Coat Lynch Super Vs). The effects I use are an Ibanez Screaming Demon wah and a Boss Goise Gate. With my setup, on the distorted channel, the highs sound great, very clear. Pinch harmonics scream out. The mids Shine through pretty well, but not as much as I would like. The Bass end of the frequency can get a bit muddy. But its isn't terrible. The EMGs keep it pretty tight. The cleans arent so great, even in the neck position. They are okey but not great. They break up very early, but i didnt expect the cleans to be great any way, the EMGs are pretty hot. The pickups could have a little bit more tone but they are fine. All in all a great metal sound. It can do dirty blues and some cleaner blues, but thats a bout it. Its pretty much made for metal, but thats ok because thats what I bought it for.

I have been playing 5 years, going on 6. I have played this guitar nearly every day for about a year and a half and haven't got tired of it yet. It's just an all around nice, classy looking guitar that wont leave a hole in your wallet. I compared it to some other more expensive ESPs. I am not a guitar Nazi and this one fealt and sounded almost as good as the others I tried so I bought it. Great Guitar.

This guitar can stand Live playing. The hardware is pretty sturdy and the strap buttons are tight, they do their job. I have gigged with it and it has a few nicks on the points of the fins but its not noticable. The paint looks to be very thick. Still shows no sign of wear after hours of sweaty playing, on the body or the neck. This guitar is pretty reliable. Although, if you do some Live playing the paint on the fins will get nicked just because the fins are quite long and cumbursome.

This guitar was set up ready to go out of the box. Pickups, bridge and string hieght were fine. No flaws I could see in the finish. The volume and tone knobs were a bit loose, a qiuck couple of turns with a socket wrench and it was fine. They haven't come loose since. It was setup very well.

Made in korea. It has 24 extra jumbo frets. Neck scale is 25-1/2". 3-peice, set thru, maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, thin and you shaped. Mohagany body with a black gloss finish. The body shape is a sharp V style. Has a tune-o-matic bridge. Has two EMG 81s. 2 volume controls, 1 tone control and a 3-way pickup selector. Grover tuners. Nothing special, pretty basic, but its all I need.